Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Last Month to Date metric not working

Level 1

I have a report that includes the "Last Month to Date" metric. That date range is currently pulling as "Mar 1, 2024 - Feb 29, 2024" and resulting in "zeros".

EricSt4_0-1713186769580.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, as of Friday, Adobe is building comparison date ranges incorrectly. This is a recent bug introduced sometime last Friday.

"Prior month to this date range" is working, "This Month last year to this date range" is not.

When my panel is set to "Last Month" and I use "This Month last year to this date range", the date range gets built as:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1713192546506.png

This is very much incorrect.

"This month last year" (based off of the panel being "last month", should return Mar 1, 2023 - March 31, 2023.... not Jan 1, 2023 - Dec 31, 2022

Start: "Start of Current Month minus 1 month" doesn't even make sense here, as that should return March, 1, 2024 (not Jan 1, 2023)...

End: "Start of Current month minus 1 year" should return Mar 1, 2023 (not Dec 31, 2022)

It's not just the automatically selected values in the definition that's the issue, the calculation of date ranges is not properly working.

Now, as I mentioned, this range can be fixed by doing:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1713192998115.png

But it's also possible that depending on the needs, not all date ranges can be properly selected and calculated properly at this time.

BTW, if I were to manually set the date range as Adobe set it, I don't even get the same results.... the Start date now matches the expected calculation, but the end date is still messed up:

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1713193140509.png

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

It sure is....

I was chatting with someone else on Friday when this issue started. They logged a ticket with Client Care, I would hope that Adobe is already working on this... but I suggest logging your own ticket so that you can get up-to-date status of the fix.

Community Advisor

Oh I should mention, in the meantime (depending on how many reports you have that are broken... not sure if it's impacting only new or old), you should be able to fix the date definitions my manually editing the definitions (still making them rolling), but just using better rules to get what you need....

Level 4

Your date range is showing wrong. It should be Mar 1, 2024 to Mar 31, 2024.

Right click on your metrics, Click on add time period, select "prior month to this date range".

Refer attached screenshot:

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, as of Friday, Adobe is building comparison date ranges incorrectly. This is a recent bug introduced sometime last Friday.

"Prior month to this date range" is working, "This Month last year to this date range" is not.

When my panel is set to "Last Month" and I use "This Month last year to this date range", the date range gets built as:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1713192546506.png

This is very much incorrect.

"This month last year" (based off of the panel being "last month", should return Mar 1, 2023 - March 31, 2023.... not Jan 1, 2023 - Dec 31, 2022

Start: "Start of Current Month minus 1 month" doesn't even make sense here, as that should return March, 1, 2024 (not Jan 1, 2023)...

End: "Start of Current month minus 1 year" should return Mar 1, 2023 (not Dec 31, 2022)

It's not just the automatically selected values in the definition that's the issue, the calculation of date ranges is not properly working.

Now, as I mentioned, this range can be fixed by doing:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1713192998115.png

But it's also possible that depending on the needs, not all date ranges can be properly selected and calculated properly at this time.

BTW, if I were to manually set the date range as Adobe set it, I don't even get the same results.... the Start date now matches the expected calculation, but the end date is still messed up:

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1713193140509.png

Community Advisor

I should also add that there is no "prior month to this date range" when using a panel range of "This Month (Excluding Today)".. since this does not represent an entire month of data, and options that do exist:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1713194483035.png

Don't satisfy the needs of @EricSt4, who is clearly trying to compare the previous month up to the same number of days (i.e. today it will be 14, tomorrow it will be 15, the day after that it will be 16, etc) so that they are seeing comparable rolling data..

I am assuming the date range is built something like: 

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1713194688595.png

Which should work (and did prior to last week)... and sadly, there is no work around for this range that I can think of... the variable nature of number of days per month means that you can't just subtract something like 32 days and expect it to properly work going forward..... 

(that could be a stop gap until June.... the issue should be fixed by then....)

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

I'm getting this too!  @Jennifer_Dungan and I were talking about this a couple days ago.

I've put in a bug ticket with support. It was a bit frustrating, they said that "this week 52 weeks ago" is working and asked if that was different than "this week last year." I think I convinced them that this is something that actually does need to be fixed, and they've sent it off to engineering. From what I've seen it isn't impacting previously made date ranges, just newly created ones.

The more tickets we have put in about the issue, the more likely they will get around to fixing it. So if you haven't already, submit a ticket to support for it.

Level 1

The problem with the metric appears to be fixed. My report ran fine this morning.

Community Advisor

That is good news indeed! @EricSt4 glad to have helped, and very glad Adobe fixed the issue.