Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Issue exporting URLs (protect-mimecast)

Level 1

Hello,

I have a project that is sent on a monthly schedule. It includes the "page_URL (eVar9)" and "Visits". 

Upon receiving the CVS file in my inbox, all of the page URLs are converted into some form of the following:

https://protect-eu.mimecast.com/s/**20characters**/domain=**my company's website** 

This does not occur when I download the file direclty from the Adobe platform (i.e. I can see all of the URLs normally). I never had this issue until recently..

I am not sure if this issue is on the Adobe side or my company's.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It sounds like your email server uses Mimecast to change URLs -- even in text-based attachments. This is normally done to protect you, the email user, from unwittingly opening links in attachments that might be malicious.

Try sending your email reports to another email address, e.g. Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc. You should then be able to get back your expected URLs in the CSV file.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It sounds like your email server uses Mimecast to change URLs -- even in text-based attachments. This is normally done to protect you, the email user, from unwittingly opening links in attachments that might be malicious.

Try sending your email reports to another email address, e.g. Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc. You should then be able to get back your expected URLs in the CSV file.