Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Is there an inbuilt way in Adobe launch to track page scroll percents?

Community Advisor

Currently we are using third party scripts to capture page scroll percent levels - 25, 50, 75, 100

Is there a built in way/OOTB in Adobe Analytics or Adobe Launch to capture scroll percents on webpages?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There is a plug-in code to get the Max Percent Scrolled, it's called getPercentPageViewed

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/plugins/getpercentpageviewed.h...

Basically, the plugin will track the farthest a person scrolls on a page, then attach the data on the next page view (similar to how Activity Map attaches to the next page).

It actually looks like they added some additional items since I last looked at this.

This solution uses cookies to store the Previous Page Name, the Initial Percent Viewed, the Highest Percent Viewed, the Final Percent Viewed, the Highest Pixel Seen, the Folds Available and the Folds Seen.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There is a plug-in code to get the Max Percent Scrolled, it's called getPercentPageViewed

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/plugins/getpercentpageviewed.h...

Basically, the plugin will track the farthest a person scrolls on a page, then attach the data on the next page view (similar to how Activity Map attaches to the next page).

It actually looks like they added some additional items since I last looked at this.

This solution uses cookies to store the Previous Page Name, the Initial Percent Viewed, the Highest Percent Viewed, the Final Percent Viewed, the Highest Pixel Seen, the Folds Available and the Folds Seen.

Community Advisor

Thanks for your reply.

We are also using a third party script to capture the scrolls.

My idea was Adobe should provide something similar as OOTB functionality.

Community Advisor

We also capture our scroll data in another system, but it's a heartbeat system and they use it not only to see how far people are scrolling, but where they are pausing and calculating scroll velocity... 

But for basic information this plugin is a good addition.

Community Advisor

Yes, completely agree.

Also, sometimes stakeholders ask to run media pixels at scroll events, which can be tricky then.