Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Is ES6 Supported by Adobe Launch?

Level 1

Hi all,

Just encountering some issues regarding ES6 operations being flagged as errors in Adobe Launch when we try to use them in custom code actions. In 2024. 

The errors mention that I should be able to add a comment or a flag of some sort to enable ES6 compatibility, but I'm not finding any documentation from Adobe that would tell us what precisely that is or how to use it.

Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this?

Thanks in advance!

Jordan

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, ES6 is supported. What you're seeing are not errors. You're probably seeing warnings that alert you that if you need to support users with older browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer), then your ES6 code won't work. If you are confident that your users are all browsing with modern web browsers, then you can ignore the warnings.

However, I just checked this in Adobe Launch and I don't see any error messages when I input ES6 code. Can you show a screenshot of where you're getting those errors?

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, ES6 is supported. What you're seeing are not errors. You're probably seeing warnings that alert you that if you need to support users with older browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer), then your ES6 code won't work. If you are confident that your users are all browsing with modern web browsers, then you can ignore the warnings.

However, I just checked this in Adobe Launch and I don't see any error messages when I input ES6 code. Can you show a screenshot of where you're getting those errors?