Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Invalid container with segment

Level 3

Hi everyone,

When , I try to Create segment . I am getting a error  " Invalid container with segment ".

Can anyone tell me , how to rectify this, can anyone tell me?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

First off, at Visitor scope what you have written doesn't have to be on the same page (the Visitor can hit the dimension, then hit the event later, or hit the event then the dimension after that.. they don't even have to be in the same visit...).

However, you absolutely, 100% can have dimensions and events on the same page or action, this is the power of the Adobe Analytics model. I always create segments that look specifically at hits that have both.

Just in case you are missing something, can you take a screenshot? Because what you have described is definitely valid.

Here is a sample in my own suite, showing that the segment as described is valid:

I wasn't sure if you had just the segment at "Visitor" scope, or a container inside of that at Visitor Scope, but in this simple case, the result is the same (both are clearly valid and returning values):

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1705644725034.png

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1705644781587.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @SA30 ,

You will have to share a screenshot of your segment logic / build, or describe very accurately what scope, containers and logic are all being used (a screenshot is much easier to provide), for us to have any chance of helping you... we cannot fix, what we cannot see.

Odds are you are using logic which conflicts with the scope, but seeing it exactly would allow us to tell you what needs to be fixed.

Also, since it sounds like you are creating a complex segment, describing the intended result of your segment will help us make additional suggestions.

Level 3

Hi jennifer,

I have used Visitor scope segment in the touch point

Visitor Container

[

Chat Started(metrics) exist

AND 

Chat name(dimension)  equals    Ki-sm

]

when I try to use this it shows error

Community Advisor

Well on the surface, that looks valid to me.... you don't happen to have an extra empty container there that just needs to be deleted?

This is going to sound crazy.. but sometimes I've found that a segment can get corrupted while building them... so can you try creating a new segment, with this logic (don't try editing/fixing the one you have open)... 

Level 3

I have tried , It just throwing me same error . 

I have a doubt can we have metric and dimension together in page 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

First off, at Visitor scope what you have written doesn't have to be on the same page (the Visitor can hit the dimension, then hit the event later, or hit the event then the dimension after that.. they don't even have to be in the same visit...).

However, you absolutely, 100% can have dimensions and events on the same page or action, this is the power of the Adobe Analytics model. I always create segments that look specifically at hits that have both.

Just in case you are missing something, can you take a screenshot? Because what you have described is definitely valid.

Here is a sample in my own suite, showing that the segment as described is valid:

I wasn't sure if you had just the segment at "Visitor" scope, or a container inside of that at Visitor Scope, but in this simple case, the result is the same (both are clearly valid and returning values):

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1705644725034.png

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1705644781587.png

Level 3

No jennifer , not the Visitor container the above one. It is specifically throwing error on 2nd touch point. when , I use the same in first it is not throwing error

Community Advisor

OK, I am not sure I fully understand (likely just a language barrier).

It's late here, and since you didn't respond to my private message, I will continue to try and help you tomorrow.  Without seeing what you are doing I am missing what is actually causing your issue, and I don't really know how to help you without actually seeing a full picture of the segment you are trying to build.