Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

I need to switch from counting to summing the transaction value

Level 1

I have this configuration for my event, but having it this way, it counts each time the event is executed

Krozi_0-1712602878568.png

And when viewing the report in Analytics, it shows the counter increasing by 1 each time instead of the purchase values, thus compromising the data. Please help

Krozi_1-1712603150411.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Your Processing Rule is telling Revenue (event24) to increment by 1 (not by your actual revenue value)

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1712606158734.png

Try setting the event with the actual "value(Context Data)" instead of "custom value" with a specific increment value (i.e. 1).

So something like this:

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1712606901370.png

However, if this still doesn't work (possible that your Content Variable "value" is being sent as text and not properly parsing as a numerical value, you may need to have your developers set and send the event with the value directly from the App, rather than using processing rules.

They would have to send the data as &&event24=5.99  (or whatever your Revenue value actually is)

If you are still using the old ACP SDK, this will go straight to your event data (without needed processing rules), if you are using the AEP SDK, with the new (as of the last few weeks) XDM Stream custom data model (a.tags), it should likewise go to your analytics in the same way... direct into Adobe Analytics.

If you are using the standard XDM stream mapping, this would need to map the XDM into your analytics (which I am less familiar with - we are just going to be starting XDM and will be leveraging the a.tags solution).

Good luck

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Your Processing Rule is telling Revenue (event24) to increment by 1 (not by your actual revenue value)

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1712606158734.png

Try setting the event with the actual "value(Context Data)" instead of "custom value" with a specific increment value (i.e. 1).

So something like this:

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1712606901370.png

However, if this still doesn't work (possible that your Content Variable "value" is being sent as text and not properly parsing as a numerical value, you may need to have your developers set and send the event with the value directly from the App, rather than using processing rules.

They would have to send the data as &&event24=5.99  (or whatever your Revenue value actually is)

If you are still using the old ACP SDK, this will go straight to your event data (without needed processing rules), if you are using the AEP SDK, with the new (as of the last few weeks) XDM Stream custom data model (a.tags), it should likewise go to your analytics in the same way... direct into Adobe Analytics.

If you are using the standard XDM stream mapping, this would need to map the XDM into your analytics (which I am less familiar with - we are just going to be starting XDM and will be leveraging the a.tags solution).

Good luck