Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to get the raw data without "exclude ip" rules applying

Level 1

Hi! We are excluding some office IPs from our report suit since years. Now suddenly we need historic data on the entire internal traffic of some pages. Is there a way I can export the raw data WITH the IPs we are normally excluding, so internal traffic can be historically found?  Is there raw data somewhere with the entirety of our traffic? I tried exporting with the data warehouse but there excluded ips are, well, excluded. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, internal traffic is included in the Raw Data Exports, there are columns for the recorded IP address, as well as the exclude_hit column which indicates that this isn't part of your normal reporting.

Here is documentation about the Columns available in the Raw Data Report

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/export/analytics-data-feed/data-feed-contents/data...

All other export methods (API, Data Warehouse, Report Builder, etc) don't include rows marked as "exclude_hit"... as those sources are all based off the fully processed Data. (Unless there is a Raw Data API that I'm unaware of.. it might be coming or already here, as this will be needed to build out the new "Bot Reports" in Workspace before Reports is sunset in Dec)

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, internal traffic is included in the Raw Data Exports, there are columns for the recorded IP address, as well as the exclude_hit column which indicates that this isn't part of your normal reporting.

Here is documentation about the Columns available in the Raw Data Report

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/export/analytics-data-feed/data-feed-contents/data...

All other export methods (API, Data Warehouse, Report Builder, etc) don't include rows marked as "exclude_hit"... as those sources are all based off the fully processed Data. (Unless there is a Raw Data API that I'm unaware of.. it might be coming or already here, as this will be needed to build out the new "Bot Reports" in Workspace before Reports is sunset in Dec)