Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

How to debug direct call rule like datalayer to see what values are available?

Level 6

How to debug direct call rule like data layer to see what values are available?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

That's why the direct call rule is the least preferred type of rule in my opinion. To know what exact values are presented at the trigger time of the direct call rule, you can only add custom code action and print out values into the console for examination.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

You can read the Adobe Data Layer in your browsers console by typing in "adobeDataLayer" and hitting enter (this is in the code execution area, not the filter).

However, reading it and using it to debug, you will have to know what events are triggering rules and what object paths are being accessed (as this is an event based data layer, and depending on the implementation, new data could be continually be added to the object, or the object could be cleared and replaced)

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

That's why the direct call rule is the least preferred type of rule in my opinion. To know what exact values are presented at the trigger time of the direct call rule, you can only add custom code action and print out values into the console for examination.