Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

How do I create an if/then calculated metric with a BETWEEN function?

Level 2

Hey all,

I'm trying to figure out how to filter out all rows with visits under 1,200 and over 200 visits with a calculated metric. I work in news media and I'm only looking for stories that saw under 1,200 visits and over 200 visits.

I created a calculated metric based on the feedback I received in a different post, which was only trying to find visits under 1,200 (see the screenshots below), but now I'm trying to do a BETWEEN 1,200 and 200.

1805726_pastedImage_1.png

1805727_pastedImage_2.png

Does anyone have an idea on how to do this?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

It is not possible at the moment. Your segment is looking for Visitors with 1200+ visits within the selected date range.

Vote for the metric filter idea  >> Metric Filters

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

It is not possible at the moment. Your segment is looking for Visitors with 1200+ visits within the selected date range.

Vote for the metric filter idea  >> Metric Filters

Level 2

Thanks for your response! I'm not sure I understand though - I'm just looking at visits for a dimension that shows a given story's title.

Why would this calculated metric be looking for Visitors with 1200+ visits within the selected date range?

Level 6

Hi ,

I have created a calculated metric for your requirement with Pageviews. Try this calculation you will get the result.

1807170_pastedImage_0.png

Calculated metrics have Option to check multiple conditions like above screenshot.

1807171_pastedImage_0.png

Regards

Ashok

Level 2

Thanks so much, Ashok!

For some reason, the stories below 1200 pageviews and above 200 pageviews are still showing up as rows --they're just blank.

Is it possible to remove these balnks rows?

Thanks again!

Level 6

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no option o hide zero value data.

You can write this issue in New idea section.

Regards

Ashok