Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Full URL

Former Community Member

Hello,

I'm completely new to Adobe Analytics and I'm trying to figure out how to display the full URL when bringing up a report. When I navigate to Reports -> Site Content and select Pages, I see a few links with the ".html" at the end displayed while a majority of the other links don't show it, rather it shows partial of the domain. And if I export the report to excel, I get the same result that is displayed to me in the Pages Report.

So how can I display the whole URL on the Pages Report? Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

SN-JohnR​ Capturing the Full URL in the Pages report is not a best practice as Pages report should have the Page Name rather then URL . Also PageName variable has 100 Bytes of length whereas Page URL might be more then that , So if you are capturing Page URL in PageName variable (pages report) then it will truncate after 100 Bytes .Below is the documents for the pageName variable .

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/implement/pageName.html

Page Naming Strategies

If you want Full URL to be displayed in the reports then I will suggest you to capture Page URL to and Evar . Also make sure Page URL is less then 255 Bytes if you are trying to capture in Evar . As Evar size limit is 255 Bytes .

If you want to see Page URL by default without making implementation change then you can do that through Data warehouse report .

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

SN-JohnR​ Capturing the Full URL in the Pages report is not a best practice as Pages report should have the Page Name rather then URL . Also PageName variable has 100 Bytes of length whereas Page URL might be more then that , So if you are capturing Page URL in PageName variable (pages report) then it will truncate after 100 Bytes .Below is the documents for the pageName variable .

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/implement/pageName.html

Page Naming Strategies

If you want Full URL to be displayed in the reports then I will suggest you to capture Page URL to and Evar . Also make sure Page URL is less then 255 Bytes if you are trying to capture in Evar . As Evar size limit is 255 Bytes .

If you want to see Page URL by default without making implementation change then you can do that through Data warehouse report .