Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.

Find the count of visits excluding 3rd or later pages not on the Homepage in Adobe Analytics..

Level 1

Hi All,

I am looking for a solution to calculate the number of visits where users had at least three pageviews, but I need to exclude the visits where the third or subsequent pageview is not the Homepage. I'm wondering if anyone knows how to extract this data from Adobe Analytics?

Thanks,

S Kala

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, 

This segment might be what you are looking for:

VISIT [

Hit Depth is greater than or equal to 3

AND

Exclude VISIT Container [

HIT Container [

Page equals home

AND

Hit Depth is greater than or equal to 3

]

]

]

This should return visits that have at least 3 hits (though unfortunately this could also include actions), and excludes visits that have any hit where the Home Page is on hit 3+

Level 1

Thank you @Jennifer_Dungan 

I used the same logic, but wouldn't the hit number also increase on a click event?

Community Advisor

Yes, unfortunately...  (I mentioned that "though unfortunately this could also include actions" - actions being click events or any other non-page view event).

I know this isn't ideal... but there is not "Page View Depth". I can try to see if I can think of anything that might potentially limit this to just page views, but I don't know if I will be able to...