Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Exclude certain pages in Next page report

Level 5

Hi,

I want to look at the next pages for a certain page that do not contain certain tracker ids, thus I'd like to create a segment. Unfortunately if I create one on "Hit" basis, then it doesn't affect the results I get for next pages, if I build it on "Visit" basis, then it excludes too much users. Imagie the following: User starts journey on page A then could continue his journey on pages B, C or D. Page B and C are the same pages, the only thing that is different is that page C has page's B URL plus some tracker id parameters. I want to exclude all possible page C results that have those additional paramters. I cannot break down the results in the Next pages report, thus I have to apply a segment. But how should it be set up?

I tried the following variants:

1) Exclude Hits of eVar that contains the trackerID -> didn't affect results in Next page report
2) Exclude Visits with eVar that contains the trackerID -> excluded too much users (everybody who could click on this link at a later or earlier stage in the user journey).
3) Show Visits of a container that excludes all Hits of eVar that contains trackerID -> same as with #1

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Since we are looking at customer journey in the next pages report, Visit container seems to be the right choice. 

You might try out this segment definition:

Show: Visits

>page equals Homepage

Then within 1 pageview exclude

>evar equals trackerID

Let me know if this helps out.

Regards,

TM

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Since we are looking at customer journey in the next pages report, Visit container seems to be the right choice. 

You might try out this segment definition:

Show: Visits

>page equals Homepage

Then within 1 pageview exclude

>evar equals trackerID

Let me know if this helps out.

Regards,

TM

Level 5

Thank you, seems to work. I wasn't aware that the "Then" option included also traffic metrics. My believe was it is just for time periods.