Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Error Saving Request - Data Warehouse SFTP

Level 1

Hello!

I'm trying to extract data through new Data Warehouse using an SFTP and I'm getting the below error message: "Error Saving Request". Accounts and Locations have been set properly. Wondering if anyone else is running into the same issue and/or have a solution. Thanks!

JessH1_0-1714399306793.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hello @Jennifer_Dungan  and Adobe Community.

FYI,  here is how i found a solution that seems to work so far.  

All team members with "Error Saving Request" created a new "location" component from their own account. 

They were able to associate their new "locations" to the existing "location account" (SFTP Account) and receive the newly created requests to our FTP. 

Everything seems to be working so far.

In summary, I thinK that there might be issues from Adobe side depending on who creates the "location" component (we were all admin users). 

Have a great day, 

Thanks  

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Level 2

Experienced the same issue !

Hope they can fix this ASAP !

Community Advisor

If you haven't already, you should log a ticket with Client Care... while Adobe is likely already aware of the issue (I would hope anyway), this will allow you to get updates on the status of the fix quicker and directly from Adobe.

I hope this gets resolved quickly!

Level 2

Thanks Jennifer, and yes we had alreay openned the ticket

Also, kudos for all you've been doing for the Adobe Community and Analytics Champions, huge inspiration for us and really nice of you to put Canada on the Analytics map

Community Advisor

Aww, thank you for such kind words. Coming from a place where I had no where to turn when I started out, if I can do anything to help someone else not struggle alone, I will.

I am keeping my eyes on this hoping for a speedy fix. I know how frustrating these sort of things can be... since it's out of your control.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hello @Jennifer_Dungan  and Adobe Community.

FYI,  here is how i found a solution that seems to work so far.  

All team members with "Error Saving Request" created a new "location" component from their own account. 

They were able to associate their new "locations" to the existing "location account" (SFTP Account) and receive the newly created requests to our FTP. 

Everything seems to be working so far.

In summary, I thinK that there might be issues from Adobe side depending on who creates the "location" component (we were all admin users). 

Have a great day, 

Thanks  

Community Advisor

This is awesome (and a bit sad at the same time.... lol)

Adobe really needs to fix the Location Logic... (permissions to use, and also clean up... since right now everything is there permanently

This is great that you found a work-around for everyone though!

Level 2

Actually @Jennifer_Dungan  you can now access "Component" then "Locations" to edit / remove, we found out that while looking for a fix.

But as mentionned, i think it should be taken with caution to avoid surprises.

Thanks,

Community Advisor

Ah, thank you @Thomas_Farrie I didn't see that feature get released.. good to know I can get rid of my garbage test that I made when testing this out the first time, lol.

Level 1

Hi,

I am getting the same error while trying to email the the DW report. How do I resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Aiyanna

Community Advisor

@AiyannaKu are you trying to use an existing Location? Or are you creating a new one?

According to some of the posts above, there may be an issue with Admin created locations and permissions....  you could try creating a new location and see if that resolves the issue (unless of course you already did that...)