Expand my Community achievements bar.

Entry Page report broken down by last touch channel - Visits /Entries mismatch

Level 1

Hi everyone,

I am running entry page report and included visits and entries, both numbers are same and that's should be the case. But, when I break it down by last touch channel, visits numbers are not matching with corresponding entries for each item except 'direct/no referrer' marketing channel.

Is it because of some visitors visiting the page thru two different marketing channel during a session, but if yes it should also be same with 'direct traffic'?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Mostly likely it's due to there being multiple "Marketing Channel" entries within the same visit... Since Visits have a 30 min timeout, users can often have multiple entries: Search Engine, Social Media, Newsletter, etc.

The think with "Direct" Channels, is that these don't override other Marketing Channels...  I think that is why you don't see the same behaviour for it.

Level 1

Thanks for the reply @Jennifer_Dungan.

We had all channels' 'override last touch channel' setting enabled. So, that should not be a factor here.

Community Advisor

If you have Direct set to override other channels you will break your 30 Day (or whatever attribution)... making every channel apply to every entry directly... there is a reason that Direct should not overwrite... and why it's set that way to begin with...