Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Email Data

Level 1

Hi,

I create tracking links for emails that we send out, but I can't find the information with adobe analytics. Does anyone know where this information is?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I believe you cannot run Javascript in emails (as far as I know), that is why link tracking won't work.

The solution that I listed for email opening is the only solution (with Adobe Analytics ) that I know off to track analytics in the email itself (without the customer being redirected to your website). The ides is that you will put an image tag in your email's html and when the email is opened, the html will be loaded and the image tag will be loaded which will send a request to adobe analytics which contains the analytics data. This way you know that X amount of email opened where done.

On the other hand you want also to know how many of the people that open your email actually click on the campaign link and get redirected to your website. That would be the second solution. By using a query param with your campaign id in it, that you will happend to the url of the link in your email, will allow you to track this. Once the user is redirected to your website wit the url containning the query param, you can use getQueryParam plugin from adobe analytics to get the value of this param and put it in campaign variable or any other variable

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 5

Hello,

Adobe Analytics link tracking variables you set up in your email data has to be correspondingly enabled within Adobe Analytics reporting tool via admin console. Did you enabled variables or if data is not present in your reports ?

Regards,

Saurabh Kumar.

Community Advisor

What do you want to track ?

Email opening ? Solution

OR

How many people clicked on the campaign link ? Solution

In your email link you must have a query param with the campaign ID, make sure to capture this value on the landing page

Level 1

Thank you Alexis! So your saying that creating tracking links won't show data, but editing the HTML on the email will bring in the data?

Level 1

Thank you Saurabh! I don't believe we set up variables...I only create tracking links for each link within an email hoping i would be able to find that somewhere. So I need to link something up with Adobe?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I believe you cannot run Javascript in emails (as far as I know), that is why link tracking won't work.

The solution that I listed for email opening is the only solution (with Adobe Analytics ) that I know off to track analytics in the email itself (without the customer being redirected to your website). The ides is that you will put an image tag in your email's html and when the email is opened, the html will be loaded and the image tag will be loaded which will send a request to adobe analytics which contains the analytics data. This way you know that X amount of email opened where done.

On the other hand you want also to know how many of the people that open your email actually click on the campaign link and get redirected to your website. That would be the second solution. By using a query param with your campaign id in it, that you will happend to the url of the link in your email, will allow you to track this. Once the user is redirected to your website wit the url containning the query param, you can use getQueryParam plugin from adobe analytics to get the value of this param and put it in campaign variable or any other variable

Level 5

To run reports inside Adobe Analytics, you (/ your team) would have most likely enabled the corresponding "email data" variables within Adobe admin console.

I was not 100% clear about your query, so wanted to check whether you are not able to find reporting variables or if the email tracking data is missing within Adobe Analytics tool.

Alexis, above, has provided you the solution regarding email tracking implementation.

Regards,

Saurabh Kumar.