Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Download and Exit Links data showing 'Unknown'

Level 2

Does anyone facing the issue where Adobe Analytics Workspace is showing 'Unknown' for Download Links and Exit Links data? Is there any reason & a possible solution for this issue?

[Added Images]

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hello,

I have also seen this issue. Some things I have observed:

For me, it appears only Exit Links are impacted. The Unknowns started appearing around 30/10/2023 and appear to stop around 29/11/2023. Not all exit links are showing as Unknown during this period, but a significant number are. The issue appears to be primarily in Workspace.

• In Workspace, filtering or segmenting by "Unknown" generates 0 results (even though there are multiple rows of unknowns)
  • In Workspace, when creating a visualisation with an "Unknown" item, the visualisation key appears to show the correct value
  • Data Warehouse appears to be showing the correct values
  • Report Builder appears to be showing the correct values
  • Reports and Analytics appears to be showing the correct values.

I have also raised a support ticket

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Community Advisor

I'm seeing a small number (when I look at the last month or so), and looking into some of my extended correlations it all seems to be from one specific page (a page that doesn't have any download links that I can see - but the majority of the data is from the beginning of the time frame, it's possible the page was changed since then).. 

How many are you seeing? Is this the only thing you are seeing, or do you have working values as well? Is this a consistent issue, or is it declining?

Level 2

We are seeing this in most of our reports. And the tagging is working fine, but the Workspace is marking the data as 'Unknown' 

Community Advisor

Hmm... would you be willing to share a URL to your site (to pages with downloads / exits) so I can look at the data as it's being sent to Adobe? Even if you share this via a private message if you don't want that information public, this might help in understanding what is happening.

Level 2

We have the same problem since a few weeks. According to AEP Debugger the downloads and exits are tracked as they should.

Sometimes the Download Link values are shown in the table, sometimes all or most of them appear as "unknown". Interestingly if an item is visualized eg. in a Line Visualization the correct value shows in its legend. Also if I add a new panel in the same project and place a new table with Download Links and apply the same segments, the values show.

Community Advisor

Hmm.. do you have access to your Raw Data feeds? If the legend shows correct, it sounds like the data should also be available and that this may be a bug in Workspace...

Have either of you created a ticket with Client Care?

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hello,

I have also seen this issue. Some things I have observed:

For me, it appears only Exit Links are impacted. The Unknowns started appearing around 30/10/2023 and appear to stop around 29/11/2023. Not all exit links are showing as Unknown during this period, but a significant number are. The issue appears to be primarily in Workspace.

• In Workspace, filtering or segmenting by "Unknown" generates 0 results (even though there are multiple rows of unknowns)
  • In Workspace, when creating a visualisation with an "Unknown" item, the visualisation key appears to show the correct value
  • Data Warehouse appears to be showing the correct values
  • Report Builder appears to be showing the correct values
  • Reports and Analytics appears to be showing the correct values.

I have also raised a support ticket

Community Advisor

These are great details! Hopefully with this they can find and sort out the issue! 

Level 2

Hi there,

We're also seeing "Unknown" in download link dimension. 

Any update on solution or is it a client care ticket?

Community Advisor

At this time, I am not seeing the issue at scale.. I only saw one isolated issue... If I cannot properly replicate the issue, then my logging the ticket with nothing to show wouldn't yield the best results.... Client Care really would need to see the issue in action to be able to properly investigate it.

Level 3

We're also seeing the same issue from the same time range. It's been driving us nuts but it sounds like it was potentially an Adobe issue.

Level 2

Hey, you'll have to raise to client care for fix.

For info, It took Adobe Engineering about a month to rectify our report suite.