Expand my Community achievements bar.

Does Data Wearhouse Send Data when All the Metrics are 0?

Level 4

My team handles over 40 data wearhouse feeds. Some feeds have more than one metric. We want to make sure only rows where at least one or more metric(s) have numbers are coming in to make the processing faster. 

My question is - Does Adobe only send data where at least one (or more) metric has a counter? or do we need to put in segments to handle this case?

3 Replies

Level 2

Yes. Data Warehouse only sends data for the rows which has at least one counter/data(or any associated metric) in it. This is a common practice in analytics platforms to streamline reporting and focus on meaningful insights.

Level 4

Is the contrary also true? Adobe does NOT send data for row items that does not have a metric counter?

Level 2

Adobe does send data for row items that do not have a metric counter. In Adobe Analytics, data is typically collected and stored for all dimensions, regardless of whether they have associated metric values. This means that even if a particular row item (dimension) does not have a metric counter associated with it, data related to that dimension will still be sent and stored in Adobe Analytics.

Having said that, for instance if you have a dimension like "Page Name" and you're tracking "Event1" as a counter metric then if event1 is "0", then event1 will not be shown in the server call, however, page name will still be tracked.

In reports, page name may not be displayed corresponding Event1 metric values. However, the data is still collected and stored.