Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

difference of two group of ID's

Level 1

I have a dimension where 5 pages are listed and the counts of id's visited each page, I need to find how many ID's dropped out between two Pages, for an example, on page 1 there were 10 id's and on page 2 there were 8 id's, i want to find how to list those 2 missing ID's

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

I'm not sure I 100% understand what you're asking. Are you trying to identify the ID's that saw page 1 and not page 2?

You could do that with a segment. A visit level sequential segment is what you would want. First condition would be Page 1, and then you would want an exclude container for Page 2. So the segment would return anyone who saw page 1 but didn't see page 2.

If you're asking to see how many people dropped between each page you could use a fallout visualization. Put the pages in the order that you're expecting people to see them, and then it essentially builds a sequential flow for you. It shows you how many saw the first step in your fallout, then how many saw the second step and what % dropped off. You can do that with as many steps as you need for however many pages are in your flow. But this only works if they're supposed to see the pages in a particular order.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

I'm not sure I 100% understand what you're asking. Are you trying to identify the ID's that saw page 1 and not page 2?

You could do that with a segment. A visit level sequential segment is what you would want. First condition would be Page 1, and then you would want an exclude container for Page 2. So the segment would return anyone who saw page 1 but didn't see page 2.

If you're asking to see how many people dropped between each page you could use a fallout visualization. Put the pages in the order that you're expecting people to see them, and then it essentially builds a sequential flow for you. It shows you how many saw the first step in your fallout, then how many saw the second step and what % dropped off. You can do that with as many steps as you need for however many pages are in your flow. But this only works if they're supposed to see the pages in a particular order.

Level 1

You got me right, i have a dimension where Cart - Payment - Confirmation steps are there
Under which i drop session id's to see how many unique sessions are there and here i want to see how many dropped out from Cart, example, 10 people/session ID's added to cart but only 8 went to payment and due to some error or reason 6 successfully checked out(Confirmation)
Cart(10 Unique Session ID's)- payment (8 session ID's) - 2 dropped out after cart -- Confirmation (6 successfully did the transaction) --  2 transactions were failed or some other reason
can you send me a link of some tutorial or video where i can learn this step?

Thanks in Advance