Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Difference Between Visits and Visit Number while building a segment ?

Level 2

While creating a segment to measure traffic of Visitor with 10+ visits , I figured using Visit Number as a criteria will work. It does, however then I also see Visits in the event as a possible criteria. Unable to comprehend what does it mean when I use Visits event with >= 10  vs Visit Number >= 10.  Please share your thoughts ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The visits metric is commonly used in reports that display the number of user sessions within the selected time period. The visit metric is always associated with a time period,While  Visit number shows which customer visit numbers on your site most influenced your success metrics. A visitor making a first visit to your site is counted in the Visit Number 1 line item. Visitors that return to the site for a second visit are counted in the Visit Number 2 line item, and so forth.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

The visits metric is commonly used in reports that display the number of user sessions within the selected time period. The visit metric is always associated with a time period,While  Visit number shows which customer visit numbers on your site most influenced your success metrics. A visitor making a first visit to your site is counted in the Visit Number 1 line item. Visitors that return to the site for a second visit are counted in the Visit Number 2 line item, and so forth.

Level 1

I always look at the this link to understand or explain segments to others check with the link . 

http://www.iloveadobesegmentation.com/