Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.

Data Sources API - GetJobs with high number of imports

Level 5

Hi guys,

I am fairly new to using the Data Sources API and have jusr created a NodeJS importer that queries GSC data and is pushing that data into a data source.

Data import works great so far, and I have imported all 2023 data. 

My client has a fairly big website with large numbers of entries per day (25k+) that requires breaking the import into multiple chunks per day (typically 3) which leaves me at 1000k import jobs so far.

To not accidentally import the same day data twice, I have created a failsafe that is first querying previous job names to see whether the planned day to import has already been processed.

This I do using the GetJobs function

https://api.omniture.com/admin/1.4/rest/?method=DataSources.GetJobs

And here is where the issues start.

This function only returns a maximum of 1000 jobs and my imports run twice because previous imports cannot be detected. Luckily, this is currently on a non-prod report suite.

Does anyone know whether

• there is a pagination in the API call I could use e.g. a rowStart or similar?
  • alternatively, a way to filter the job names? There is a "filters" I can set with a "name" array, but it seems like you will have to know the exact name of the import job, that includes a random part that Adobe is adding to the file name that they create during the processing which defeats the purpose of a filter and is absolute nonsense if you ask me. How can you apply a filter if you don't even know what to look for...?!

Data_Sources___Adobe_Analytics.png

bk_work_0-1709270505537.png

Cheers

Björn

2 Replies

Employee

Hey @bjoern_k Are you still facing challenges with this issue? 

- On the pagination part, if I check the body of the API it seems we don't any such parameter explicitly.

-  We can check on the filter name part as well and if you haven't log a support ticket yet; can you please create one via Admin Console such that this can be looked at?

Level 5

Hi @fhusain,

support said it's not possible, disabled my checks, filters only work on exact values i.e. no regex or pattern matching.

Don't think it's ever gonna be implemented in a 1.4 API.

Cheers
Björn