Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Data Source import to merchandising eVars

Level 3

I am looking at using Data Sources to import some off site data in to our Analytics report suite. I have created a test file with a single dimension and a single metric. The total of the metrics is showing in Workspace, but the dimension breakdown isn't showing. The dimension I have used is a merchandising dimension.  Is this a problem?

Am I able to use a merchandising dimension for this, or does it need to be a "normal" dimension? I might just be impatient, and not waited long enough for the breakdowns to be processed...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Looks like merchandising evars don't work.  The data never came through.  I changed the data source to populate a standard evar and it's come through just fine.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Looks like merchandising evars don't work.  The data never came through.  I changed the data source to populate a standard evar and it's come through just fine.

Employee

Yes @Ben_Step , you are right. Merch eVars do not work with Data Source.