Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Creating a segment for users that visited one of your other websites

Level 1

Hello, 

I have multiple website domains reporting in my data suite. I am trying to make a segment for users who visited site 1 and then made it to site 2. Does this segment work to capture that data?: 

AndrewCr1_0-1707752441056.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you are looking specifically for users essentially linking from Site 1 to Site 2 (within the same Visit, and specifically in that order), then yes, this should return all the Visits with that criteria.

Note, this segment will return all hits within the visit from both sites (on visits that match the criteria)

This is of course assuming that the user is properly identified as the same user across the two sites (they should be, but there's always a chance that some mis-identification could occur).

If you are looking for something more generic, i.e. users that use both site, regardless of which order they visited in, or not necessarily within the same visit, you would need to change up that logic a bit.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you are looking specifically for users essentially linking from Site 1 to Site 2 (within the same Visit, and specifically in that order), then yes, this should return all the Visits with that criteria.

Note, this segment will return all hits within the visit from both sites (on visits that match the criteria)

This is of course assuming that the user is properly identified as the same user across the two sites (they should be, but there's always a chance that some mis-identification could occur).

If you are looking for something more generic, i.e. users that use both site, regardless of which order they visited in, or not necessarily within the same visit, you would need to change up that logic a bit.