Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Creating a difference in percents metric

Level 2

I would like to create a metric that can be broken down by a dimension that calculates the difference between two already calculated percents.

For example, let's say I want to see what % of purchases items in my store encompass, relative to the percent of visitors.  I create a table with "Visitors" and "Purchases" on the top and use a dimension to break down all the store items on the left. This shows me the # of purchases and visitors for each item and also conveniently breaks down percents for each column.

Now I can see that Item A accounts for 40% of purchases in my store but gets just 20% of visitors and is performing better than expected by 20%, while Item B accounts for 10% of purchases but gets 70% of visitors and is performing worse than expected by -60%. But I'd like to automatically be able to calculate that for all the possible values of the dimension.

My ideal metric is:

([purchases of x] / [total purchases]) - ([visitors to x] / [total visitors])

but right now I can't achieve that without manually inserting the the totals:

([purchases of x] / 12000) - ([visitors to x] / 140320)

Because I can't find a way to specify the difference between the overall total and the total for the dimension item using adobe's tools.

Any idea if this is possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This worked for me:

yuhuisg_0-1647877949104.png

To get the Grand Total of a metric, click its gear icon, then choose "Grand total".

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This worked for me:

yuhuisg_0-1647877949104.png

To get the Grand Total of a metric, click its gear icon, then choose "Grand total".