Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!

counting number of products sold in CJA

Level 5

Hi, 

How would you make a metric how many products were sold in CJA? Taking into account that one order can contain multiple productListItems?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

I don't know too much about CJA, I would hope that the quantity value would be available (it's not in Adobe Analytics), but one way to handle this in AA is to use a numeric event and pass the quantity of each item in the ProductListItems, you can then use that event counter as the number of items in the purchase.

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

Are you looking for total products per order, unique product per order, or something else? I only know a bit about CJA, but in workspace you can capture the units associated with each product and get 'total units', and putting that against an order number will give you the number of total units per order. If you want distinct products per order, you could make a calculated metric with "total units" divided by "distinct count product ID" (using the approximate count distinct function). Then place that against the order number. I would imagine the same type of things are possible in CJA.