Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Concurrent users

Level 3

Hi,

How can I calculate concurrent users in Adobe Analytics? I have the number of users by hour for last 30 days.

Thanks

Ankit

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think you will face a challenge here, as this relates to some backend server measurement against front end user behaviours:

Concurrent users on your web server relates to typical Concurrent user nodes the server allows at max at any one time. So lets say a max of 25000 users concurrently are on your server, then user 25001 tries to access site he would reach server busy message. This is a limit at any one time at once.

In analytics the closest I recommend you use to that metric is unique visitor. You can then break it down by hour and make a close assumption to your IT team its close to concurrent user max. It will be lower than their limit as this is an hourly breakout.

GLTU

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think you will face a challenge here, as this relates to some backend server measurement against front end user behaviours:

Concurrent users on your web server relates to typical Concurrent user nodes the server allows at max at any one time. So lets say a max of 25000 users concurrently are on your server, then user 25001 tries to access site he would reach server busy message. This is a limit at any one time at once.

In analytics the closest I recommend you use to that metric is unique visitor. You can then break it down by hour and make a close assumption to your IT team its close to concurrent user max. It will be lower than their limit as this is an hourly breakout.

GLTU

Community Advisor

Dear Ankit,

Agree with

Even we do have minute granularity to understand the traffic inflow per minute to understand the concurrence.

Thank You

Arun

Level 3

Okay..Thanks for the response. Very helpful.