Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Classification Importer Subclassificaiton not Classifying after upload

Level 1

I am trying to use the Classification Importer to classify values for a subclassification but after uploading my csv file, it says 'no rows were updated/affected' and when I look in workspace, the values were indeed not classified. 

Below is an example of what I'm trying to classify. The Key values include a concatenated value of campaign id & channel. I have a classification rule via classification rule builder to parse out the value for campaign id but I also need to classify the friendly campaign name based on the campaign id. Is there something I am doing incorrectly or am I missing a step?

Keycampaign idcampaign id^friendly campaign name
campaignid=123||campaignchannel=email123email campaign 123
campaignid=345||campaignchannel=email345email campaign 345 target
campaignid=234||campaignchannel=direct234direct campaign 234 abc
campaignid=567||campaignchannel=paid567paid campaign 567 efg
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

Did you make sure that your upload file has the header rows? Also, make sure it has the UTF-8 encoding.

I use notepad++ to organize my upload files, and I save it as a tab delimited file type.

Adobe does have some common troubleshooting issues documented, perhaps something on there will help too.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/classifications/classifications-importe... 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

Did you make sure that your upload file has the header rows? Also, make sure it has the UTF-8 encoding.

I use notepad++ to organize my upload files, and I save it as a tab delimited file type.

Adobe does have some common troubleshooting issues documented, perhaps something on there will help too.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/classifications/classifications-importe... 

Level 1

Thanks for directing me to the troubleshooting doc! It looks like after I saved teh file as  Windows Formatted Text on my Mac the upload worked. Thanks!