Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.

Classification Data is Coming Unspecified

Level 2

Hi Team,

I have added the classification data, imported manually and it is uploaded successfully too. But in reports data is coming as unspecified. So, please let me know what can be the reasons.

bindukumari90_0-1695807949705.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 10

There is a latency for classifications to do their classifying. What is the time between your successful upload and when you looked for the data in the report interface? 

Community Advisor

Agreed, I was about to ask about that... also, Classification Rules process data every 4-6 hours, so if you are looking at "Today" there will usually be a fair number of unspecified appearing until the next batch of processing is run... it's usually better to look at the data for Yesterday and earlier

Level 2

I did the upload on Friday i.e. 22nd Sep and I checked on Tuesday i.e. 24th sep.

Level 2

@RobertBlakeley Is there any issue in format or can we have multiple values in a row.

Level 10

See: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/classifications/classifications-importe...

The classification in the key column is used to match to the values in the subsequent columns and the key holds the value that exists in the parent Adobe variable. So col B appears to be your key variable and the saint table would look for that string and, if found, associate it with the values found in the subsequent columns. 

I'm guessing, but from what I see in the screenshot and your response, it seems like you may be trying to parse a multi-part string containing c0001 through 5 and count how many times there were 1 or 2 or 3 etc segments in the string?

Level 10

It looks like the normal columns and rows appear in your screenshot. If the table was not in the right format you would not have gotten the export success email you mentioned.

Have you tried downloading the file from the importer and checking that against your original file? 

RobertBlakeley_0-1695905892443.png