Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Can pages be filtered in Page URL metric to hide the domain and initial paths?

Level 4

Some of our URLs are rather long and the final path gets cut off in reporting. Is there a way to filter out the initial scheme, subdomain, domain, top-level domain, and initial paths so we are left with the final paths in reporting? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Yes, the value was already transformed when Adobe received it. So in our case "www.domain.com/stuff" became "domain.com/stuff". Or "www.domain.com/drugs/37489459/ap27d-df22" becomes "domain.com/drugs/asprin"

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

My company does something that for the same reason. We originally did it through custom code in the H code beacon. I think it's in the Tag Manager now.

Level 4

Thanks for the reply @RobertBlakeley , so you and your team filtered the URLs before they got into Adobe Analytics reporting? If I understand correctly, you did this through Tag Manager? 

Thank you

Correct answer by
Level 10

Yes, the value was already transformed when Adobe received it. So in our case "www.domain.com/stuff" became "domain.com/stuff". Or "www.domain.com/drugs/37489459/ap27d-df22" becomes "domain.com/drugs/asprin"

Community Advisor

You can also use Classifications and Regex rules to extract the main path of the URL from the full collected path so that you have access to both (this way you don't need to change your implementation, and if you need to see the full url its still available to you)