Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Calculating a Mean Value on Dimension Values

Level 8

Hello Adobe Community !

I'm currently stuying the values of a conversion variable - and would like to calculate the mean value.
I've already done this with the visits, but this is diferent since I can't use any dimension on the Calculated metrics tool. I just can get the Instances of that dimension, but the mean has nothing to do with the mean of my dimension values :

Is this possible ? to multiply each value of a dimension by the number of instances ? Or I have to extract via the Datawarehouse and do the calculus with another tool ?

Kind regards,

Mario

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi Mario,

You can't use a dimensions value as part of a calculated metric, instead you can change your implementation to set the value of the dimension to a custom event as well, and the use that event to make your calculations on.

/Løjmann

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi Mario,

You can't use a dimensions value as part of a calculated metric, instead you can change your implementation to set the value of the dimension to a custom event as well, and the use that event to make your calculations on.

/Løjmann

Level 8

Nice !
That's a very good idea ! Thanks a lot Løjmann !

Løjmann

Kind regards,

Mario