Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Aobe Admin UI is hopeless and many years' past its best. Will it ever be updated?

Level 4

The Adobe Admin UI is a real mess which means that many clients are wasting tens of admin hours a month doing what should be simple, quick and easy tasks.

Aspects of the UI and back-end are perhaps >10 years' old and not for for purpose.  Some actually weren't fit on day 1, and that was acceptable a decade ago but not today.

This makes certain admin tasks uneconomic to undertake when they should take circa 15 mins.

Such issues harm the [admin] user experience of Adobe Analytics, which in turn makes it harder to justify the product over Google Analytics.

Adobe, are there any plans to make Admin slightly fit for purpose or ideally properly fit for purpose?

For example my client has 100+ report suites, from two merged client accounts with some going back 7+ years’.  Here are some of admin issues that we face:

• Classifications
    • The back-end gets out of sync if Classifications are added / removed
    • So even if the UI looks ok, you can get lots of errors when you want to update multiple RSs at the same time
    • Deleting an entry one at a time and then 1RS at a time is ridiculously tedious.  You can waste hours and days doing what should be a 5-15 min admin task
    • Because it’s pretty much impossible to update multiple RSs so may decide not to bother
    • I should be able to add / edit >1 Classification without the page refreshing
    • I should be able to drag and drop the Classification order
    • I should be able to edit as many RSs as I wish at the same time
  • IP filters
    • Why can’t I select any number of RSs and simply add, delete, upload the entries using a CSV list?
    • Instead, because not all RSs are in sync, I have to manually delete 1 rule at a time for 1 RS at a time
    • So we don’t bother and now use Bot filters
    • But Ideally we would want to delete all IP filters
    • It’s a very useful feature, maybe 10 year old interface that was never user friendly on day 1
  • Bot filters
    • We have a list of 70+ entries
    • It’s great that I can upload a list to multiple RSs at the same time, but the first 30 or so entries always show in the UI as “rule 1” or with no rule name at all
    • Any why is the box for the rule name only circa 10 characters long
    • Good tool, very badly executed
  • PPC detection rules
    • Similar to the other UI issues
    • If all RSs selected are not in sync, the UI doesn’t tell me which have issue
    • These settings are very important and need updating from time to time, and ideally I’d like the settings to be identical for all RSs
    • Why not allow me the ability to upload a list to all RSs
  • Internal URL filters
    • Same issues
  • Marketing Channels & MC Processing Rules
    • Updates always fail if I want to apply to all RSs at the same time
    • Works if I split in to 2 batches
    • Minor issue, but another part of admin that probably wasn’t fully tested
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

I would highly recommend posting this feedback or upvoting if it exists already in the Idea Exchange. I know there is work underway to update the Admin UI and these type of detailed comments are valuable to the Product team.

http://ideas.omniture.com/

As an alternative to some of these scenarios I have seen many clients make good use of the Administration API to manage across many report suites.

>>>

Adobe's Administration API lets you change report suite and user settings without the need to use Admin Tools. This feature is useful if you have a custom reporting interface, letting you make changes to the report suite without having to log in to the interface. There are no limitations to using this API, as compared to Admin Tools. Meaning, if a certain action can be done within Admin Tools, that same action can be done using the Administration API.

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

I would highly recommend posting this feedback or upvoting if it exists already in the Idea Exchange. I know there is work underway to update the Admin UI and these type of detailed comments are valuable to the Product team.

http://ideas.omniture.com/

As an alternative to some of these scenarios I have seen many clients make good use of the Administration API to manage across many report suites.

>>>

Adobe's Administration API lets you change report suite and user settings without the need to use Admin Tools. This feature is useful if you have a custom reporting interface, letting you make changes to the report suite without having to log in to the interface. There are no limitations to using this API, as compared to Admin Tools. Meaning, if a certain action can be done within Admin Tools, that same action can be done using the Administration API.

Best,

Brian