Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK for adobe analytics

Level 1

Hi guys

After the recent changes to the Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK Debugger for Adobe Analytics I can no longer find the "interaction_value". Normally I click on events and that opens up another page where I find "interaction_value" - which enables me to determine the name of the page element I'm interacting with and therefore pull a report. Does anyone know how to get around this? 

Thanks so much

Zoe

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I've used the Adobe Experience Platform Debugger to check Web SDK implementations. I don't recall seeing an "interaction_value" ever while using the Debugger. Do you happen to have a screenshot of where that would have been found in the Debugger's UI?

Normally, when checking Web SDK implementations, I would perform the following steps:

1. Open the Debugger.
  2. Switch to its "Experience Platform Web SDK" tab.
  3. Load the web page that I want to check.
  4. Back in the Debugger, wait for the screen to update with a new column, where that new column contains the payload of the Web SDK hit sent from the web page.
  5. Click the "events" cell in that column to open a modal/overlay.
  6. Expand the "value" value to see the items in the payload. Verify the values that are shown there.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Unfortunately I am not on WebSDK yet, so I haven't seen that field... However, that sounds like it might be a bug/oversight? You might want to log a ticket with Client Care to inquire about the missing data... that sounds like it would be helpful to have and can see no reason why it would be removed....

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I've used the Adobe Experience Platform Debugger to check Web SDK implementations. I don't recall seeing an "interaction_value" ever while using the Debugger. Do you happen to have a screenshot of where that would have been found in the Debugger's UI?

Normally, when checking Web SDK implementations, I would perform the following steps:

1. Open the Debugger.
  2. Switch to its "Experience Platform Web SDK" tab.
  3. Load the web page that I want to check.
  4. Back in the Debugger, wait for the screen to update with a new column, where that new column contains the payload of the Web SDK hit sent from the web page.
  5. Click the "events" cell in that column to open a modal/overlay.
  6. Expand the "value" value to see the items in the payload. Verify the values that are shown there.