Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Adobe Certified Master - Adobe Analytics Architect

Level 1

I'm really disappointed with the analytics certification.  I'm not sure who is writing these exams, but the validity went out the window somewhere along the design of the exam.  Are there experienced people in Adobe writing these exams or is it some third party outside of Adobe responsible?  After my experience with the exam and study content, I will not take another Adobe certification nor will I recommend it to employees again.  Adobe should start putting people (management) in place that know how to build a certification and the associated learning paths.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I've taken the same Adobe Certified Master - Adobe Analytics Architect certification twice, and also the Adobe Certified Professional - Adobe Analytics Developer once. For completeness, there's also the Adobe Certified Expert - Adobe Analytics Developer.

What I've found is that Adobe has basically separated all of the Analytics' technical functions between these 3 certifications based on how "advanced" those functions are. This is my understanding of the function groupings per certification:

• Adobe Certified Expert - Adobe Analytics Developer: Basically, you'd need to be familiar with AppMeasurement and how to implement props, eVars and events. So JavaScript knowledge is a key requirement.
  • Adobe Certified Professional - Adobe Analytics Developer: You need to know about report suite settings that affect data, like Classifications, Processing Rules, and similar.
  • Adobe Certified Master - Adobe Analytics Architect: In my opinion, this tests how well you can plan an Analytics implementation. So you not only need to know about report suite settings, but also their implications in reports. There are also some questions around their tag manager, AEP Data Collection Tags. In my second certification, I also found questions about data privacy and security.

It's quite a weird way to split up the functions between the 3 certifications, but I guess that's how Adobe deems it to be suitable.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I've taken the same Adobe Certified Master - Adobe Analytics Architect certification twice, and also the Adobe Certified Professional - Adobe Analytics Developer once. For completeness, there's also the Adobe Certified Expert - Adobe Analytics Developer.

What I've found is that Adobe has basically separated all of the Analytics' technical functions between these 3 certifications based on how "advanced" those functions are. This is my understanding of the function groupings per certification:

• Adobe Certified Expert - Adobe Analytics Developer: Basically, you'd need to be familiar with AppMeasurement and how to implement props, eVars and events. So JavaScript knowledge is a key requirement.
  • Adobe Certified Professional - Adobe Analytics Developer: You need to know about report suite settings that affect data, like Classifications, Processing Rules, and similar.
  • Adobe Certified Master - Adobe Analytics Architect: In my opinion, this tests how well you can plan an Analytics implementation. So you not only need to know about report suite settings, but also their implications in reports. There are also some questions around their tag manager, AEP Data Collection Tags. In my second certification, I also found questions about data privacy and security.

It's quite a weird way to split up the functions between the 3 certifications, but I guess that's how Adobe deems it to be suitable.