Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe API 2.0 - Multiple Break down

Level 2

Hello Team, 

I am currently working with Adobe API 2.0 to pull some adobe data using debugger in Analytics.

I have been going through this link (Reporting Multiple Breakdowns) and found out that section 2 has what I have been looking for ( screen grab below) 

avinash2711_0-1633586228693.png

The json query has only one month available here as below: 

avinash2711_1-1633586277428.png

and the response is giving only one month ( the one in query) worth of data. I need to have a similar break down (month level broke down by a dimension) and also want data for a particular time period say last 13 months or last 6 months. 

How can I achieve this ? Thanks in Advance

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi! The best way I know to do this is to follow the way Workspace does it (since workspace uses the same 2.0 APIs). The following document talks about how to grab the JSON from Workspace to use in your own (custom) API 2.0 requests: https://github.com/AdobeDocs/analytics-2.0-apis/blob/master/reporting-tricks.md

When you follow these steps you see that Workspace is making a call for each breakdown:

BrianTophamAdobe_0-1635271368650.png

Notice the first item is for just the report with the months (no break down). Then when I do a break down all the remain 4 requests are made at the same time (for the 4 break downs seen). 

Feel free to use the Workspace debugger (explained in the above doc) to review the JSON, and figure out the best way to get what you need.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi! The best way I know to do this is to follow the way Workspace does it (since workspace uses the same 2.0 APIs). The following document talks about how to grab the JSON from Workspace to use in your own (custom) API 2.0 requests: https://github.com/AdobeDocs/analytics-2.0-apis/blob/master/reporting-tricks.md

When you follow these steps you see that Workspace is making a call for each breakdown:

BrianTophamAdobe_0-1635271368650.png

Notice the first item is for just the report with the months (no break down). Then when I do a break down all the remain 4 requests are made at the same time (for the 4 break downs seen). 

Feel free to use the Workspace debugger (explained in the above doc) to review the JSON, and figure out the best way to get what you need.