Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Adobe Analytics: Unspecified occurences occuring on IOS but not on Android

Level 2

In my application, I am logging User IDs of users logging in with the Page Name. Logging in is mandatory for accessing the site, so post login only, a user can move to subsequent screens. In few instances, I am getting User IDs as Unspecified, I tried breaking it down on various dimensions, and got the below results,

Page - Unspecified

Mobile OS - iOS

Custom Link - ADBINTERNAL:Lifecycle

If I change the metric to Custom Link Instances, then the number of occurences against Unspecified matches with that of Custom Link Instances. In android, I am not getting Unspecified Instances. I found a similar thread here.

As the above thread is a bit old, just wanted to check is there a way to avoid these Unspecified instances? Or is it an expected behaviour? Also, why am I not seeing similar results in Android?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Good Afternoon!

Not being a mobile app developer, I'm going to go out on a limb here and recommend the issue may just be the differences between the platforms, but if possible, I would highly recommend walking this through with your developers to determine exactly how the data is firing, plus following @EricMatisoff 's advice in the original thread to review the exact URLs associated to the data.

Hope this helps!

Jeff Bloomer

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Good Afternoon!

Not being a mobile app developer, I'm going to go out on a limb here and recommend the issue may just be the differences between the platforms, but if possible, I would highly recommend walking this through with your developers to determine exactly how the data is firing, plus following @EricMatisoff 's advice in the original thread to review the exact URLs associated to the data.

Hope this helps!

Jeff Bloomer