Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Analytics Discrepancy

Level 1

Hi, we have a customer journey flow and we have Analytics tracking at every step of the journey to detect customer drop-offs. We have been having significant differences in analytics even when the customer has progressed quite a bit into the journey. There are steps that are missing in Adobe tracking, but the server-side calls indicate otherwise. My question is, are there any known limitations where Adobe analytics tracking may fail? I observed when I tried the customer journey from a Mac or an iOS device, Adobe trackers were blocked instantly without me explicitly asking me to do so. Would those reasons contribute to analytics tracking to drop off? Any other inputs are appreciated!

Please note these tracking requests are sent client side.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Are you talking about a full failure of tracking from specific devices or operating systems? Or are you saying tracking of the flow started, then failed half-way through?

Technically, many browsers have tracking blockers built into them, they are not all enabled by default in some cases... (certain browsers add tracking blocking when using "privacy mode"). There are also extensions that can be added to browsers to block tracking, or using the "Do not Track" directive in settings, or just simply users installing "do not track" cookies on their devices.

Now, if the tracking is failing half way through a flow, it's unlikely to be caused by the above...  that could mean there is a JS issue at some steps, or there is mis-configured data causing the information to not properly parse, or maybe there is a Processing or Vista rule that is causing some tracking not to go through to the analytics...

Level 1

Thanks for your response @Jennifer_Dungan . As a newbie in this area, how will I be able to differentiate between a full failure and a failure midway? Are there logs in Adobe Analytics that would help me unpack that?

Community Advisor

Well I imagine you should have some idea, given your statement:

We have been having significant differences in analytics even when the customer has progressed quite a bit into the journey

What differences in Analytics are you talking about? Are you comparing to a previous Analytics system? Are you talking about a significant drop from the Start to Finish in your flow?

If you are talking about your flow, is it a flow or a fallout report? Its even possible that you haven't properly accounted for all the paths users can take, and are actually showing a greater loss than you actually have (if using a fallout, since any step that a user can bypass would make them ineligible to show up in subsequent steps)...

Maybe if you explain more about what you are seeing and some specific concerns, then the community can help you better