Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!

Adobe Analytics AP & Segments with MicroStrategy Connection

Level 1

Hi,

I have set up a connection to MicroStrategy using an Adobe Analytics Web OAuth API. I would like to access segments that are owned by users other than those in which authenticated to the connection. Is there a way to get all of the segments from a workspace even if they are not owned by me from the API?

Thank you 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Just like inside Workspace, you should only be able to access segments which are created by or shared with you. Whether that is through logging in, or thorough an oauth connection, you should not have rights to see anything beyond the scope of permissions.

Allow you to access anything not shared with you would be a security issue.

Level 1

Thank you very much for the response. I should have specified. Within the workspace I can see all the segments shared with me. However from the API, I can only see segments I created myself.

Community Advisor

Oh, that is interesting indeed... If you have permissions (i.e. shared) I would expect that should have worked....

I see on https://developer.adobe.com/analytics-apis/docs/2.0/apis/ that there should be an option in the API to include different types of segments:

• shared
  • all
  • templates

I wonder if not including this defaults to just "owned"?

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1713976619724.png

Maybe try added includeType on your request?

Good luck!