Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Abandonment rate showing more than 100% when used with product classification variable.

Level 6
We have a report where we track visitor abandonment rate in page. For example when user moves from cart page to payment detail page. We use calculated metric to calculate this and the formula is page B (visits) / Page A (visits). This will tell how many users will moved from page A to page B and we get this as percentage. When I use this metric against "Day" dimension we get number within 100% but when I use the same calculated metric with classification dimension which gets tied to product variable we are seeing numbers more than 100%. Can somebody help where am I making a mistake?
4 Replies

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

I had the same issue with a similar process. For us, we had a form users can start and then submit on the website, when we tried to calculate submit %, we had the same issue as yours above (by day it was fine, but by service name we got over 100%). We discovered that this because people can come back to the submitted page more than once (either reloading it, or navigating away and then navigating back to it later).

Our solution was to make a segment that insists that users started the form before the submit happened. You could try making a segment to put around Page B that is something like "page A then within 1 pageview Page B", and add that segment to your metric.

Mandy_George_0-1660742939108.png

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

Yes it would be a sequential segment. I would also suggest instead of just having "then" having it be within a certain amount of page views, depending on how your process works. For us, we had the form start and then within 2 page views a form submit (because some of the forms had more than one step).