Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!

What are the hard-to-use components of Adobe Analytics for you?

Employee Advisor

Hi everyone,

We have received a lot of feedback for Adobe Analytics over the years - it seems like one of the overarching trends we've received in this feedback is that it's 'difficult to use'. However, upon asking for more details on what makes it hard to use, we have a difficult time getting details on how to improve it.

I would like to invite all users to openly relay their feedback on what specifically makes Adobe Analytics difficult to use. Are you still learning to use Adobe Analytics, or are you a relatively experienced user? Where do you see steep learning curves? What are some places where you'd expect features to be but they're not? At what points do you reach out to a colleague, docs, or community for help?

The more specific feedback we can get, the more specific actionable items we can take away from it.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

I'm an experienced user with Analytics (coming to 20 years already) with a programming background, and it was in the last 8 years or so that I've found AA's reporting relatively easy to comprehend when I imagined it as a series of SQL queries.

Having said that, the 2 biggest hard-to-use components of AA are segmentation and fallout/flow visualisations. Not that their UIs are difficult to use, but the resulting data/reports are not easy to understand.

For segmentation, I've found that drawing block diagrams (e.g.a. square is a "hit", a row of squares is a "visit", a collection of rows of squares is a "visitor") helps to get me closer to understanding a segment's results, but not always. The documentation doesn't really help any better in that understanding.

Related to segmentation are the fallout/flow visualisations. At a conceptual level, I understand how the numbers are derived. But even when I look at the segments used to build the visualisations, I find myself having to read and re-read the segment conditions to really figure out what is going on.

It is said that if you can describe or teach something to someone else, then you've mastered that something. For these 2 components, I still feel that I'm not ready to teach others sufficiently about them.