Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.

Classifications Import API v1.4 not working

Level 1

Hi,

I'm currently trying to leverage the Classifications API v1.4 (Classifications API | Adobe Developer Connection ) to automate a classification process for our product variables. I followed the steps outlined in the documentation, i.e. I create a import job, populate it with data and then commit the job. However, it's not working and I currently suspect that that's because the population isn't working.

Creation of the upload job:

DEBUG:omniture.account:Error Code None

INFO:omniture.account:Request: Classifications.CreateImport  Parameters: {'rsid_list': ['a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e', 'f', 'g', 'h'], 'element': 'product', 'header': ['Key', 'Product Name'], 'description': 'test', 'email_address': 'xxx@xxx.com', 'check_divisions': 1, 'export_results': 0, 'overwrite_conflicts': 1}

DEBUG:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTPS connection (1): api.omniture.com

DEBUG:urllib3.connectionpool:https://api.omniture.com:443 "POST /admin/1.4/rest/?method=Classifications.CreateImport HTTP/1.1" 200 None

DEBUG:omniture.account:Response for Classifications.CreateImport:{"job_id":133972381}

DEBUG:omniture.account:Error Code None

Checking the status:

INFO:omniture.account:Request: Classifications.GetStatus  Parameters: {'job_id': 133972381}

DEBUG:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTPS connection (1): api.omniture.com

DEBUG:urllib3.connectionpool:https://api.omniture.com:443 "POST /admin/1.4/rest/?method=Classifications.GetStatus HTTP/1.1" 200 103

DEBUG:omniture.account:Response for Classifications.GetStatus:[{"id":133972381,"type":"job_id","viewable_pages":0,"status":"Waiting for user data"}]

So far so good. The job was created and awaits data.

Populating the data:

INFO:omniture.account:Request: Classifications.PopulateImport  Parameters: {'job_id': 133972381, 'page': 1, 'rows': [{'row': ['00000', 'a']}, {'row': ['00001', 'b']}, {'row': ['00002', 'c']}, {'row': ['00003', 'd']}, {'row': ['00004', 'e']}, {'row': ['00005', 'f']}, {'row': ['00006', 'g']}, {'row': ['00007', 'h']}, {'row': ['00008', 'i']}, {'row': ['00009', 'j']}]}j']]}

DEBUG:urllib3.connectionpool:https://api.omniture.com:443 "POST /admin/1.4/rest/?method=Classifications.PopulateImport HTTP/1.1" 200 None

DEBUG:omniture.account:Response for Classifications.PopulateImport:true

The response I'm getting from says true which indicates a success.

Checking the status again:

INFO:omniture.account:Request: Classifications.GetStatus  Parameters: {'job_id': 133972381}

DEBUG:urllib3.connectionpool:https://api.omniture.com:443 "POST /admin/1.4/rest/?method=Classifications.GetStatus HTTP/1.1" 200 103

DEBUG:omniture.account:Response for Classifications.GetStatus:[{"id":133972381,"type":"job_id","viewable_pages":0,"status":"Waiting for user data"}]

But as you can see now, the job status still says "viewable_pages": 0. That's very confusing. I tried populating the job nonetheless, but even after some days passed, the classifications don't show up in the interface.

I am accessing the API from Python, but I am facing the same issues when I use the API explorer.

Did anyone of you have similar issues or knows a way to solve it? Any help is appreciated! Thanks so much

2 Replies

Community Advisor

just a guess: your data-json from "populating the data" looks strange at the end (some brackets and chars too much). is this just a copy&paste problem or have you checked the "populating data request" with the API Explorer?

Level 1

Hi urs.boller. That's just a flaw from copy/pasting the outputs.

However, I was meanwhile able to fix the issue on my own. In fact the "viewable_pages" field doesn't seem to contain any meaningful information after all. First I had a problem that I was using a nested list for the rows parameter whereas it has to be of the format

"rows": [

{

"row": [(string)]

}

]

After I fixed this, I still had the problem with the "viewable_pages" field, but when I actually tried to upload the data it works now.

Sorry for the confusion and nonetheless thanks for your help urs.boller!