Expand my Community achievements bar.

Registration for the AEM Guides User conference on 24th and 25th March 2024 is open.
SOLVED

ditaelements - Flattening AEM node structure

Level 1

While mapping ditaelements to AEM components, p nodes are not flattened, even though the flatten tag is there by default for topic/p in /libs/fmdita/config/elementmapping.xml. 

Screenshot 2022-07-01 at 4.35.35 PM.pngAccording to the documentation, the p nodes will be flattened, if we enable it in the configuration (https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/xml-documentation-solution/4-0-3/Adobe-Experience-Manage....

Did the below steps to enable the flattening.

1. Enabled "flattening.enabled"  in com.adobe.dxml.flattening.FlatteningConfigurationService

Screenshot 2022-07-01 at 4.41.03 PM.png

2. Regenerated AEM site

But still

• the node structure is coming expanded 
  • the resourcetype still remains same and not changed to fmdita/components/flattened
  • flatten property is not created

Screenshot 2022-07-01 at 4.39.48 PM.png

Is there anything else I am missing here? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

@aryasankari1 : after making changes to elementmapping.xml - did you also edit/save the utils bundle or com.adobe.fmdita.config.ConfigManager configuration? (this is also called out in Installation and Configuration Guide)

As that step is necessary to clear the cache from earlier saved elementmapping.xml 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

@aryasankari1 : after making changes to elementmapping.xml - did you also edit/save the utils bundle or com.adobe.fmdita.config.ConfigManager configuration? (this is also called out in Installation and Configuration Guide)

As that step is necessary to clear the cache from earlier saved elementmapping.xml 

Level 1

@DivrajSingh , thank you responding. Seems like I missed resaving configuration at that time.