Expand my Community achievements bar.

Registration for the AEM Guides User conference on 24th and 25th March 2024 is open.
SOLVED

Aem Nodes to JsonArray

Level 2

Hi all,

I am using aem 6.5

I have a requirement for converting aem page nodes to json.

Previously I used jsonItemWriter.dump method which converts data directly.

But this method is deprecated.

And second thing is in multifield we get data as item0,item1 in jsonobject format.

But my requirement is to convert this multifield to JsonArray.

Kindly guide for same

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Kiranchonkar,

You can use the sling model exporter to expose the data in JSON format.

Please refer to the below URL to create the sling model export.

https://github.com/auniverseaway/sling-exporter-sample/tree/master/src/main/java/org/millr/sling

Now, to fetch details of multifield nodes, Please follow the below steps.

1. Create a sling model class for the item node of multifield. E.g. if your multifield has firstName and lastName, then this sling model class(e.g. multifieldNodeModel.java)  will contain these two fields and respective getters.
  2. Create a parent sling model for the component. In this sling model, include sub sling model of the multifield node(multifieldNodeModel).

public class componentSlingModel{
        @ChildResource
    private List<multifieldNodeModel> multifieldNodeModel;
         public List<multifieldNodeModel> getMultifieldNodeModel(){
           return multifieldNodeModel;
    }
    }

This way we can map the data of nodes to the sling model and it can be exported to the JSON format using sling model export.

Let me know if you have any questions.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Kiranchonkar,

You can use the sling model exporter to expose the data in JSON format.

Please refer to the below URL to create the sling model export.

https://github.com/auniverseaway/sling-exporter-sample/tree/master/src/main/java/org/millr/sling

Now, to fetch details of multifield nodes, Please follow the below steps.

1. Create a sling model class for the item node of multifield. E.g. if your multifield has firstName and lastName, then this sling model class(e.g. multifieldNodeModel.java)  will contain these two fields and respective getters.
  2. Create a parent sling model for the component. In this sling model, include sub sling model of the multifield node(multifieldNodeModel).

public class componentSlingModel{
        @ChildResource
    private List<multifieldNodeModel> multifieldNodeModel;
         public List<multifieldNodeModel> getMultifieldNodeModel(){
           return multifieldNodeModel;
    }
    }

This way we can map the data of nodes to the sling model and it can be exported to the JSON format using sling model export.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Level 2
Hello, thanks for replying. But problem is this is common service where i am not aware of fields of items. It can be anything. Or can have multifield inside multifield structure

Community Advisor

Yes, As we are using @childResource annotation as mentioned above, it will consider all child nodes of multifield.

Combination of List<multifieldNodeModel> and @childResource annotation will map all item nodes of multifield to a List and then you can use it for pass in sightly or anything else.