Expand my Community achievements bar.

Registration for the AEM Guides User conference on 24th and 25th March 2024 is open.

Content import for HTML content to create a .ditamap creates a .dita file instead

Level 2

Issue:
Each time I define a table of content in an index.html  and try a HTML document migration it ends up creating a topic .dita instead of the expected .ditamap .

AEM Instance:
AEM 6.5 + SP7 + SP8 + XML Add On v3.8

Issue Description:
Followed the steps from Migrate XHTML documents section of the document https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/xml-documentation-solution/3-8/XML-Documentation-for-Ado.... According to the docs here, to generate the ditamap you need to include the 
index.html inside a zip file, which includes links to the other files. Also, define the <ul> and <li> tags with attributes as per recommendation.
However, the dita file that finally gets created from the index.html is a DITA topic with an extension of .dita.

6 Replies

Employee

The steps you defined seems correct and we validated the functionality on XML Documentation v3.8 - and it works as expected.

Will it possible for you to share the sample content zip?

Or you can raise a support ticket with the sample package.

Employee

Also do make sure the HTML heading does not include any namespaces, a sample HTML header would be:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<html xmlns=http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml>

With all the rules catered, the sample index.html will look like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
	<head>
		<title>Index File</title>
	</head>
	<body>
		<h1>Index File (this will be ditamap title)</h1>
		<div class="content">
			<ul class="book">
				<li class="topicref"><a href="link1_file_path.html">link1_file</a></li>
				<li class="topicref"><a href="link2_file_path.html">link2_file</a>
					<ul class="book">
						<li class="topicref">
							<a href="link3_file_path.html">link3_file</a>
						</li>
						<li class="topicref">
							<a href="link4_file_path.html">link4_file</a>
						</li>
					</ul>
				</li>
			</ul>
		</div>
	</body>
</html>

Level 2

Thanks @DivrajSingh , that worked. I have a follow up question on associating attributes to topicref. 

If my intended .ditamap is supposed to be like below, should I include chunk as another <li class="chunk">  ?

<topicref chunk="to-content" href="GUID-04f55bfc-d49a-42b9-8104-9b11e769bc7d.dita"><topicmeta/>

<topicref href="GUID-c039a877-0e74-4057-910d-97ebfe083ce9.dita"/>

<topicref href="GUID-840b26d4-0c77-4624-a90d-e9f82a7b6da5.dita"/>

</topicref>

<topicref chunk="to-content" href="GUID-0142a9f6-282b-4f44-9de6-0c1e1cba873b.dita"><topicmeta/>

<topicref href="GUID-e5539249-a4c2-44a6-8542-b643f5e36f0a.dita"/>

<topicref href="GUID-10c3053d-f4e1-441c-9e37-25593da33ce5.dita"/>

</topicref>

Level 2

Hi @DivrajSingh , @Kiran_Mohan 

Just adding to the thread above.

• I wanted to understand if additional attributes like chunk=“to-content” can be added to the topicref in the ditamap. If yes, then how should this be included in the index.html so that the ditamap is generated accordingly. 
  • I have another query with respect to ditamap generation via index.html. How should I update the index.html so that the ditamap is generated with the followimg attributes -
    • format

• topic

• href

Employee

@Poorva-25pxJS: for this you need custom rules in h2d_extended.xsl. Add the attributes to source html - read those in XSL to generate desired dita output.

Level 2

Hi @DivrajSingh , @Kiran_Mohan 
I was able to get the additional attributes (format, topic, chunk) added to the ditamap by making changes to /etc/fmdita/html2dita/toc2map.xsl

What would be the right approach to override this file? I tried an override at  /apps/fmdita/config/html2dita/toc2map_extended.xsl but that didn't quite work.