Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Workfront VS Salesforce

Level 2
For those who have salesforce integrations, how do workfront and salesforce overlap and what are you currently using salesforce for? Laura Mormile Excelsior College
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 3
Hi Laura, For us, Salesforce tracks opportunities for new product development. The Closed-Won state of an opportunity identifies a new product to commercialize (and requests a new project in Workfront). Any activities that are required (proof of concepts, etc) while trying to finalize the business case of the opportunity would be requested through and linked to the opportunity in Salesforce, while the work is managed in Workfront. We have been eagerly waiting the launch of the Workfront Salesforce integration. Until then, we are trying to tie them together as best we can, along with our roadmap and idea management platform. Dale Whitchurch Arthrex Inc

Level 2
Thank you Dale! Please correct me if I am wrong, I am trying to understand this as an outsider, but it sounds like your company is using Salesforce to capture leads for new products, while Workfront is tracking any work associated with running with that request? Am I in the right ballpark? Laura Mormile Excelsior College

Level 3
Hi Laura, It may just be the words you are using, but we are using the opportunity and not the lead within salesforce. Otherwise, yes, you are correct. Dale Whitchurch Arthrex Inc

Level 3
We have an active integration with SF to manage 'won' deals - we deliver customer facing software implementation projects via WF. Our organization converts Won Opps into a custom data page (Orders) and those are the elements I integrate to/from. We do a number of things: Obtain and update customer (Account) data from SF to WF Post WF project/task updates to SF Chatter feed Read SF Order info into WF Write WF data back to fields in SF Jim Brown FujiFilm Medical Systems, USA

Level 1
Could you please tell me what you are using for your Workfront/Salesforce integrations? The Workfront integration we were using is broken and Workfront says they are trying to fix it but it isn't as robust as you are describing anyway. Thank you Melissa Pasquale Engrain

Level 3
We are using the Fusion tool to do the data movements. It is a very visual tool that uses the WF and SF APIs to grab data, manipulate it, and posts it back to what ever systems are required. What is broken for you? Jim Brown FujiFilm Medical Systems, USA

Level 4
Good morning, For those using Salesforce integration, is anyone using CPQ in Salesforce as well? If so, have you been able to integrate CPQ into Workfront as well? Mike Haleas DMD Marketing Corp.

Level 1
It's the "free" Salesforce integration that is broken: View this on Workfront > We had it working and created processes around it and now it's just a blank white page within our SFDC. Fusion seems very expensive, but it sounds like it's created a lot of great workflows for you? "https://www.workfront.com/integrations/salesforce" https://www.workfront.com/integrations/salesforce Melissa Pasquale Engrain