Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Workfront Proof Questions

Level 3
Hello fellow users, I have some questions on Workfront Proof. I know most WF instances include this feature but we have not yet added it. We feel that it would probably help us but we weren't convinced when we saw the demo. Here are our concerns: 1. Training/adoption for our internal clients who aren't WF users. It took us quite awhile to get our clients using the markup tools in Acrobat, will WF Proof adoption be a challenge for them? Are they likely to shy away and just send an email and tell us what they want changed? How did you train infrequent users and did they adopt? 2. Can clients download a file (PDF?) to circulate to others on their teams. Will the file include any edits they are suggesting? Can they then upload it again after reviewing? 3. Will we have to redo all of our templates to include WF Proof? Is that an easy fix? 4. I saw a few comments from users on the latest update to WFProof and there were some pretty serious issues. Any suggestions would be helpful. Mark Hahn SEI Investments Company
5 Replies

Level 2
Mark, maybe pose this to the global discussion group? I have honestly been procrastinating rolling out ProofHQ, BUT we did purchase it this year, so I'm not thrilled that I haven't built it out yet. I'd be just as interested to hear what people have to say. Chelsea Terwilliger Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP

Level 7
I thought I had replied here last week, but I don't see my message! Anyhow - we just upgraded to WF Proof in January, and we've experienced a lot of things that we weren't prepared for and that weren't clear in the demonstrations. Monique Evans from our team is working with Workfront to address our issues and concerns, and she'd be happy to conference with you and give you a download of what we're going through. Let me know if you'd like me to introduce you. Thanks, Beth Calvaresi Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.

Level 2
Hi Mark, Sorry. I just saw your comment. I don't think I sign up for notification for mid-atlantic so I don't get notification when someone posted here. We use ProofHQ since the beginning and happy to share our experience and how we are using it. If you like, we can schedule a web meeting about this. Let me know. Thanks Maggie Talierco Maggie Talierco Olympus Corporation of The Americas 484-515-5498

Level 3
Hi Mark, We're relatively new to Workfront -- been live since Feb. 1 of this year -- and have been using Proof HQ since the beginning. It may just be me, but for my team, the advanced proofing has been a huge success. And, with the exception of the outage earlier this week, I have never had it fail on me. I've included some answers to your questions below. Feel free to reach out to me, as well, if you would like to talk more. Thanks! 1. Training/adoption for our internal clients who aren't WF users. It took us quite awhile to get our clients using the markup tools in Acrobat, will WF Proof adoption be a challenge for them? If your users know how to use markup tools in Acrobat, then Proof will be a snap. The trick will be making sure your users know what icon means what in the tool and that they have a clear process for marking proofs and leaving comments. There are nuances, don't get me wrong, but if you clearly communicate them at the offset, you'll be fine. For instance: Assuming you've developed automated workflows (highly recommended), if a designer submits a proof and your user begins to mark it and comment on it, they will need to 'Make a Decision' to ensure that those comments/revisions make it back to the designer. If they make a comment and then abandon the proof, thinking that their comments will get to the right person, they won't. The alternative is to tag the designer or individuals (who must be in the workflow) who need to see the comment. Are they likely to shy away and just send an email and tell us what they want changed? This is hard to say because everyone is unique in how they respond to something new. In our experience, we've had few detractors. And, most of those stragglers have come around. How did you train infrequent users and did they adopt? Our firm is pretty small in comparison with other companies, so training has been on a 1-1 basis. When I bring a new user on board, I'll sit down with them for 30 minutes and show them around. I initially held a larger training session that was essentially a webinar, that was supplemented by step-by-step guides that I created. Our firm has an extremely high adoption rate. Truth be told, we didn't really give them an option. 2. Can clients download a file (PDF?) to circulate to others on their teams? Y es, they can download a file (PDF or otherwise) to circulate. Can they then upload it again after reviewing? If someone comments in the PDF itself, they could upload the file back to the project, depending on their access level. However, the file would not go back into the workflow. My recommendation would be to have one point-person who is responsible for sharing said PDF with their team. Once they've gathered feedback, that person should enter all comments into the proof and render a 'decision'. This keeps things clean and makes sure that one person is the decision maker. Will the file include any edits they are suggesting? This I'm not sure about. And, are you asking if they file they download from Proof would maintain comments? If so, I'm still not sure. 3. Will we have to redo all of our templates to include WF Proof? Is that an easy fix? We don't work Proof into our project templates. Each designer (the only users on our team who are responsible for initiating proofs) knows the process for proofing out deliverables. When a graphic (assigned via a task) is ready, they create a new proof and select the correct workflow and off they go. I'm not sure how you would include it in a template unless that step was its own task. 4. I saw a few comments from users on the latest update to WFProof and there were some pretty serious issues. I, along with most of my team, have been using the newest Proof interface since it was available, so there was no issue there for us. The only problem that we experienced (and I'm not 100% sure if it's fixed), is that some users were getting an email notification for each comment left in Proof. As you can imagine, if you have 60 comments on a proof, that can be a horrible experience. Other than that, things have been fine for us. Brandon Hamm Bravo Group

Level 1
Can you include us as well, here at BMS? We know the basics, but would like to see what you’ve done. Thanks!! Jennifer Adams 917-991-0002 ________________________________ This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary, privileged and/or private information. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity designated above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the message and any attachments. Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this message or any attachments by an individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited.