Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Workfront Project Management Capabilities

Level 1
Hi All, I'm trying to onboard various teams within my Marketing dept to use Workfront's project management capabilities. Can folks share tips/tricks around how they've done in within their orgs and seen it be succesful? I'd love to talk to a few folks who are willing to show me demo's of how they've incorporated project management capabilities within their campaign workflows. Thanks!! Fatema Fatema Dalal Facebook, Inc.
1 Reply

Level 3
So very excellent that others are seeing value in Workfront application. I have been doing group and team expansions for several years. My experience in them has resulted with two extremes to consider: easy peasy to what a mess I now must fix. Consider the "off my head" comments below from what I have discovered. Global configuration settings in the Setup menu must be checked for intra-group and inter-group collisions and data conflicts. Portfolios, programs, and projects alignment need to be checked for structural alignment for group data separation and inclusion. Dashboards and reports need to be checked for all kinds of data access, wild cards used, filters, views, groupings, and other things. Sharing needs to be engineered to ensure the correct access are occurring between groups. Different sets of users mature at different rates; the processes used by one team need to be managed between teams to help minimize one team advancing faster than another. With these all taken care of, the inclusion of teams for whatever process is as simple as expanding the use of request queues, templates, reports, dashboards, and layout templates. In your case, campaigns can be as simple as a grouping of project work linked together within a program of a portfolio. Message me directly if you want to chat. Doug Williams