Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Workfront Learning Paths in Adobe Experience League?

Level 2

Hi, does anyone know where the various Learning Paths are currently located now that one.workfront.com has been migrated to the Adobe Experience League platform? Speaking specifically of Planner Fundamentals, Worker/Collaborator/Admin learning paths.

All my links seems to just resolve to the Documentation homepage now. Maybe that's by design? I sure hope not, those learning paths save me hours of directing users to onboarding documentation that is core to performing their roles in the Workfront Application.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

FYI everyone! You have to click the share icon to get the URL to the specific learning path you're looking for. Since I needed to copy the links to update all my documentation, I figured I'd save you all a couple clicks and add them to this thread.

• Workfront for Collaborators - Learn how to use a Review or Request license to easily request, review, and collaborate on tasks, documents, and proofs in the new Workfront experience
  • Workfront for Workers - For individuals who receive work or requests and collaborate with teams on projects and documents
  • Workfront for Planners - Start your Workfront journey by learning to create and plan projects. Workfront recommends you keep things simple
  • Workfront for System Admins - Learn the first stages of how to set up users and optimize your users experience with system settings

View solution in original post

40 Replies

Administrator

Hi @MMcAnelly All non-Fusion Learning Paths are still available and accessible by all customers on either the Workfront Courses or Workfront Tutorials pages.

Workfront Courses are similar to Learning Paths in that they offer a structured learning curriculum with sequential lessons to follow. Workfront Tutorials are less structured in nature and are instead organized into key topic areas that you can immediately dive into. Please note that the training content on both sites are identical, they are just organized by distinct use cases. 

Level 10

What a great way to promote a product. Here it is, it's expensive and you gotta pay even more for us to show you how to use it.

I went through the Fusion learning course and I gotta say it isn't worth paying for, and now with no included training at all, neither is Fusion.

Level 3

Exactly!  Workfront is such a significant financial investment to begin with, it's completely unacceptable to require an additional spend for any part of the online training.   We have been a customer for 11 years and are accustomed to all of the learning paths being part of our investment.  

Level 4

Really? What was the reason behind this decision? Our company purchased Fusion and were directed to take this online Fusion training as part of the package. This should not be an additional cost for us. Plus looking at documentation is not the same as watching the videos. I know you're just the messenger but that is very, very frustrating.

Level 10

The reason behind the decision is pretty obvious… follow the money.

One more reason to start looking at other project management solutions.

Community Advisor

Can we get an update on when this will be complete? This is a huge miss on migrating the data over. We onboard multiple new users to the tool every day and currently we are not able to facilitate any trainings.

@jon_chen 

Administrator

Hi @KellieGardner @RandyRoberts 

Thanks for your question. We now have 12 Workfront Courses on the Experience League Courses page, with 3 additional courses to be added later this week. Please note that Workfront Courses (formerly known as Learning Paths) have been restructured to align with Experience League's course format, and is therefore more modular and bite-sized. 

We are currently working on setting up redirects for our legacy Workfront training material (Learning Paths and Learning Programs) - I will post an update and guide on this soon. 

Level 10

Thanks Jon, this does help.

I think what folks (like me) are really after are the role based training paths. This has always been critical to onboarding our new hires. I suspect others feel the same.

Level 2

Thank you for asking this question @Patrick_Yarnell. I was wondering the exact same thing. Especially after receiving Adobe's email this morning, August Newsletter – The Workfront Community is now a part of Adobe Experience League! where it notes that "Courses are available via subscription only. Learn more about the Learning Subscriptions here." (Which are paid).

So one, I was under the impression that everything on Workfront One was being migrated and redirected at the same time to Experience League and I certainly wasn't under the impression that it would be a cost to continue having access to training.

If I missed some communication along the way, so be it. But if not, the communication about this transition is not a good experience for customers or users. 

Like you, I use the learning paths and their links in my onboarding training and it now looks like I may be faced with hours of updates required to my training that I was not able to properly plan for - not to mention the flat-out lack of access to these trainings while we wait for the migration to complete.

Level 3

@jon_chen once the learning paths that were previously available for free on Workfront one are migrated to the experience league, will there be a cost to access them as mentioned by @Krystle_Kibler and @Patrick_Yarnell? I looked at the course catalog for the subscription and there are Workfront courses listed such as "how to manage a project".

Administrator

Hey @Alexa_M_PSU 

Thanks for your question. With the exception of Workfront Fusion, all previously available for free content will still be available on the Workfront Courses Experience League page. You can also access a less structured format for this content on the Workfront Tutorials page.

Level 6

Hi @jon_chen - Have you heard any discussion or who do we need to ask how Adobe plans to accomodate those of us who already paid for the Fusion training materials?  I can't speak for others, but we didn't necessarily make local copies because of Workfront's prior approach to training.

I saw the note above about sunsetting Fusion's access because of the training environment costs. For each of the individuals we've sent through training some of the work has been in the Adobe hosted environment during the limited time window and even more has been in our environment - that we pay for with licensing costs.  If the decision is being driven by training environment cost, I'd request Adobe identify a path for those of us who need it more as reference as we leverage the environments we're already paying for.

Administrator

Hello @Krystle_Kibler @Jason_JB @Alexa_M_PSU 

Circling back on this... a call was made by our leadership team to revert our decision regarding Fusion training content. You can access all Fusion learning content here in the Workfront Tutorials page. 

Please note that Fusion training requires access to a test drive - you'll need to fill out a form to request a test instance. Redirects for Fusion content are being worked on and will be live shortly. I hope this alleviates some concerns you had about Fusion learning material, but please reach out if you have any other questions! 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

FYI everyone! You have to click the share icon to get the URL to the specific learning path you're looking for. Since I needed to copy the links to update all my documentation, I figured I'd save you all a couple clicks and add them to this thread.

• Workfront for Collaborators - Learn how to use a Review or Request license to easily request, review, and collaborate on tasks, documents, and proofs in the new Workfront experience
  • Workfront for Workers - For individuals who receive work or requests and collaborate with teams on projects and documents
  • Workfront for Planners - Start your Workfront journey by learning to create and plan projects. Workfront recommends you keep things simple
  • Workfront for System Admins - Learn the first stages of how to set up users and optimize your users experience with system settings

Level 3

Thank you! I was going to update my links today and this saves me some time  

Community Advisor

Thanks Monique - this is a huge help and time saver.

Level 2

I was just experiencing this same frustration as I'm setting up a new user for some training.  I found this link to be as close as I could get to the old learning paths:  

https://workfrontpartners.force.com/one/s/videos?wchannelid=magbccxn5u

Level 3

Another issue I am running into is that you need to be signed into the Experience League to view. Is there any possible way to make these links 'public' since the majority of our users won't need an account? I am afraid that if there is any sort of barrier teammates won't review the training.