Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Workfront integration with MS Team 2018.3

Level 10
Hi All, i have jut watched Q3 2018 Product Release Webinar and found out there will be integration with MS Teams . I can't remember Workfront even mentioning about this integration being planned. And now, according the roadmap, it suppose to be release in 2018.3 release. While webinar there wasn't much said about how to do it, how it;s going to work etc. Worrying thing is, that i can't find any article about it - "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/217222957-Understanding-Workfront-Integrations">Understanding Workfront Integration article hasn't been updated with those info (last updated may this year). It's not listed on 2018.3 Activity Overview either. Has anyone hear something more about MS team integration ? Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 10
Hi, I didn't make the webinar, but at the New York User Group, they mentioned the integration. My guess is that it won't work with the preview environment so it won't be something we can test until it is released. (The Slack integration was the same way). We are leaving it out of our release notes/trainings for now and then after Kathy and I test it in production, we will then make a special announcement. We were told a few months ago this got pushed to 2019 so our people aren't expecting it. ;) Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 5
Hi Dagmara. I'm the product manager over Workfront integrations. Indeed, the first version of our integration with MS Teams will go live with our 18.3 release. Please feel free to contact me for any additional information or questions. Hayk Falakyan Workfront

Level 10
Hi Hayk, I would also like information on this integration. Really like what does it do? We're getting ready to start testing out MS Teams and I'm struggling to picture how they'll work together.

Level 1
Hi Hayk, Our agency just launched our Workfront instance this week, with an upcoming NetSuite integration launch on December 1st. We have been heavily using Microsoft Teams, including Channels open for each project. If you could provide further details on how the integration will work, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Matt Boaman Godfrey

Level 5
Hi Matt, The first version of the integration will support the following features: Get actionable notifications from Workfront about: New comments New work requests New approval or access requests Reply to Workfront comments Make approval decisions on: Documents Tasks, projects, issues... Search for and attach Workfront items (task, project etc.) to your posts Create new personal tasks We have plans for much more. Please let me know if you'd like to see any additional functionality in the integration, I'd love to learn more about your use cases. Hayk Falakyan Workfront

Level 10
@Hayk Falakyan , will there be a way to hide or switch it off? What way will be configure? It would be good if we can switch it off/hide as we're not ready yet for this integration. And that being said, we cannot hide Outlook integration option and we're still Exchange on-prem, so we get loads of questions around it. Unless there is a way and i'm not aware yet. Would rather avoid it for Teams. Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 5
Hi Dagmara, We are planning to add on/off switches for the types of notifications that the bot can send to you, soon. Other than the notifications, the integration is pretty much non-intrusive. Hayk Falakyan Workfront

Level 4
Hello Everyone, We're rolling out MS Teams now and, of course, I want to have Workfront integrated as we launch teams. Has anyone started using it since it came out in 2018.3? Any suggestions or tips you can share? Has anyone been using it with agile teams in workfront? Any feedback would be great. Thank you Elizabeth Ross J Jill