Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Workfront Home Recent Feature Additions and Improvements

Level 2
Hi Workfronters, For the last month or so, the team here at Workfront has been busy upgrading the Workfront Home beta experience. I've listed a few of the recent additions to Preview below Improved filters and sorting Editable fields in the right details panel Increased visibility for item types in the left panel, including identifiers for "ready to start" and approval types Team Requests (new in Preview with 18.3 Beta 1!) For those of you who have provided feedback on the beta in the past, thank you! May I call on you to go back in and test out the new features and provide updated feedback? And if you have users who have tested out the beta in Preview, will you please ask them to give it another try and provide updated feedback, as well? And if you haven't had a chance to try out the Workfront Home beta in Preview, may I ask you to check it out and provide feedback? It's easy! You can comment right in the beta using the feedback form in the lower right corner. I am looking forward to seeing your comments and ratings on the beta. Thanks, Mandy Anger Workfront
9 Replies

Level 10
I posted it out to my beta testers as soon as it came out in Production and got one comment back right away (last week) that said he liked it better than My Work, specifically that there's not so many confusing tabs and everything seems a little more consolidated. We're also pretty thankful for the "ready to start" filter--this is the one thing that made it feasible for everyone to start switching over in Production, so thanks for prioritizing that feature. The only other potentially huge winner I can think of would be making the proof deadlines visible and sortable. I'm working on a different trouble ticket right now about proof deadline visibility in reporting (it's not working as expected) so this might also reflect in your area. -skye

Level 10
Hallelujah on proof deadlines, and I would add to it, a way to delete old proof approvals on closed projects. Those are mucking up some people's Home and frustrating them no end. I'm having to sign in as them and go and manually approve all their old stuff to get it out of their Home screen in an effort to make sure they don't stop using WF. Jill Ackerman | Director, Product Marketing Lindblad Expeditions 96 Morton Street | New York, NY 10014 Ph. 212.261.9080 | Fax. 212.265-3770 jilla@expeditions.com | "http://www.expeditions.com/"> www.expeditions.com

Level 10
We don't use the proof automated workflows, so I didn't realize that was happening. If possible, I really would like it to work more like Document Approvals, which are not visible if the project is closed. I'll make a note to tell someone. -skye

Level 3
Hi Mandy, I received feedback that a Sort option previously available in My Work is no longer available in Home. I'm not sure if it is something that we don't have set up rather than being truly missing. What is the best way to ask that question? We'd like to get help with this within the next week is possible. Thank you! Edit: Best way as in Help Ticket, Home Feedback button, etc. Tina Huang Optum

Level 2
Hi Tina, Thanks for reaching out. The best way to get that feedback tracked is by using the feedback form in the beta. We have changed the filters and sorting functionality in Workfront Home in order to provide a simpler, more streamlined approach for users. I'm very interested in use cases where the new approach is hindering efficiency. Thank you, Mandy Mandy Anger Workfront

Level 2
Hi Skye and Jill, You win the first to respond awards! (They are not real, just virtual hugs from me) I'm glad to hear that the improvements are making people's lives easier and helping with adoption for your users. Regarding the proof deadlines, we are working on a story now that will hopefully surface those in a clearer way. We are still in development so I can't give you much info, but we plan on releasing a few approvals improvements in the next few betas that may ease the pain there. Let me know if anything else comes up! Mandy Mandy Anger Workfront

Level 10
Cheeky one... but can you make it possible in the future to have the "late" markings be optional? I find it disheartening to see everything as red when I already know it is! (especially for approvals) On your point about the recent stories you've completed: Sorting - can we make those icons a little bit bigger? (I've only just realised that you don't need to click on the exact up or down arrow you want and can just click on the area - but I think having them bigger would help regardless) Filters - I had no idea what the "+n" meant below the filter label until I looked it up. I suspect other users may be in the same boat. Editing fields in-line - Great improvement, but a few of the field widths don't seem in proportion to the field type e.g. huge field for dates: One other thing sorry: we're a boring old IT PMO so all our attachments on tasks and issues are Word/PowerPoint/Excel/PDFs. At the moment in Home we're getting these yuge icon previews - is the intention to have actual previews for these doc types? Cos that's what I've been telling people who complain about those massive icons! But that all being said - I like the way Home is going and am confident we'll have something great when it's officially released next year! Jamie Hill JLL

Level 3
Thanks Mandy for the direction - feedback submitted! Tina Huang Optum

Level 2
Hi Jamie, Thanks for your thoughtful feedback. One thing I want to touch on specifically is the document size. You're not the first to point out that those thumbnails are ginormous! We are hoping to get those sized correctly and improve the preview feature in an upcoming release. I'll look into the editable fields area being really big, that's something I haven't seen before. I appreciate your testing out the new Home and I agree, when we release it fully next year, it's going to be great! Best, Mandy Mandy Anger Workfront