Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Workfront and Advantage?

Level 2

Hello! My team is currently using Workfront and we are merging with another team that uses Advantage. We will continue in Workfront for all project management but would like to keep Advantage for the financials (generating invoice, billing rates, tracking expenses).

Any other agencies that kept Advantage for financials only? If so, I'm curious to know what that process looks like for your team and any suggestions on best practices.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi - we don't use Advantage, but we do have a totally separate financial tool that we do invoicing, bill rates, expenses, and timesheets in. (Especially since we have a 15-tier rate card process and there is just no way to rebulid that in Workfront)

Because of that, we have a SQL server that we bring in data from WF and the financial tool and then use SQL Reporting Services to create reports to track burn rate, utilization, billable/non-billable, etc. Now that we have the large data warehouse with tons of info, it is great. But it has taken us awhile to get here because I've needed to beg and bribe developers to help me internally. ;)

Level 3

I understand that a number of Workfront customers also use Allocadia for financials integration.