Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Worker replacement?

Level 10
Hi I'm wondering if there is a way to universally replace someone in all projects they were on when they leave the company and a new person takes their place. Or do we have to go into each active project separately and edit? Thanks, Jill
4 Replies

Level 3
I'll tell you what I did and it works for me. Some jobs that we have to offer will have a higher turnover than others. We had a turnover at a project position as we were implementing Workfront. Solution: Because an ID# (that long crazy alphanumeric string) is assigned to a new person, Workfront doesn't care what the persons name is. The name is essentially window dressing for the ID# that has been assigned. Because of that, I named my new person Temporary Project Manager and assigned that "person" to all the new projects that were needed to be started while we had the vacancy. I assigned a fake email to the account. The projects were then assigned to the guy "filling in" so that he had access to all of the projects and would be updated by email whenever something happened in the project. Once we had our new hire, I simply went in and changed the name Temporary Project Manager to the new hires name. He was immediately the owner of all the projects. You can then go into his profile info and change the email address to the new hire's email. Hope this helps Dave Rulon Great Dane Savannah, GA 912-644-2452

Level 10
I would assume that the person was assigned to tasks? You can create a task report, filter to assignment users to the user in question, and most likely project status = current or in progress because you might not want to touch completed projects and then when the report runs, just select all the tasks and then click Edit. This should allow you to remove the assigned user and then add the replacement user. Polly Co

Level 10
Hi: Polly – That is what I used to do – the problem is that when you mass edit those tasks and change a person, it loses the planed hours assigned to the person. When you delete the person, the total planned hours disappears from the task. I've begun playing with the Swap User feature in People-Scheduling-Actions It is a little more tedious than mass search and replace, which the report you speak of does nicely, but this Swap functionality keeps the planned hours. ��

Level 10
Further to Eric's comment, Workfront has provided this "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/218634078-Managing-User-Assignments">comprehensive guide to Managing User Assignments (including bulk update and swaparoo considerations). Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads